Author Topic: Two seperate bags/ items for hold luggage  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Two seperate bags/ items for hold luggage
« on: March 26, 2017, 15:38:39 PM »
Im still waiting for a reply from Easyjet to my question which is: I have 20 kilos of luggage booked can i divide this into being say 10 kilos of s"""e in a case or bag and the other 10 kilos if I wrap it up well in bubble wrap etc as another item as long as combined the two lots dont exceed 20 kilos? Many thanks   :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Two seperate bags/ items for hold luggage
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 16:35:05 PM »
Have you tried their fb or twitter page?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 16:53:23 PM »
Ooh no i havnt that is a good idea cheers Stoop   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 19:17:31 PM »
Karen, If you need it, you are not stuck to just 20 kilos.   EasyJet will allow you to buy extra weight in luggage..3k at £3.00 for each 3k upto to 32k.   I found this out last week as we are flying out to join a cruise and the company have booked with are using Easyjet to fly out.
This is from Easyjet website. 

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 19:27:20 PM »
I think you are only allowed 1 hold bag, I think you would be charged for the extra bag even if you do not exceed your 20 kilos. Unless you can take some in hand luggage as there is no weight restriction on this. The size of the cabin bag is important though.
Correct what Jacqui says about extra weight/ luggage, cheap with Easy jet compared to other airlines.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 20:49:32 PM »
Still havnt heard back, il maybe try and phone tomorrow...thanks Jacqui and Lissa..what it is is two halfs of acrylic for our balcony table, we spent ages last year pricing up replacement glass, then found the shop that sells acrylic sadly they quoted us stupid price so hubby got some from work, iv weighed it and its 10 kilo so im hoping to be able to wrap the acrylic as one part of my 20 kilos and the other 10 as a bag...thats very handy to know for the future re being anle to buy extra kilos if i need it   :)  :)  :)

Offline Wagon Wheels

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:10 AM »
We tried this a couple of years ago and was told you are only permitted 1 bag, so would have to pay for two lots of luggage, but it still worked our cheaper than buying in Turkey,

sharon

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
Ok thank you Wagon Wheels still not heard back from EJ you are right though it will still be cheaper to pay for more luggage if need be   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 14:56:34 PM »
Just spoken to Easyjet and they confirmed that i will have to pay for another bag.i did ask about the 3 kilo for £3 and she said its 3 kilo at £9...thanks as always for replies   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 17:57:19 PM »
That's a surprise Karen, not what our Travel Agent told us when she rang Easyjet to check.  I wonder is it because our cruise company has hired the whole plane?

I did read on T.A. This week that someone had asked Easyjet about an extra suitcase coming back from Turkey and they had been quoted £35.00 for the extra 20k case.  That was one way.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf