Author Topic: Short term letting registration just completed Here is the steps and expences.  (Read 14577 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
That all sounds quite positive Rana, not that i rent out im just following this thread as I do feel like sadly its going to cause tourism figures to drop again when things were looking like they were on the up for this season...My flight Monday ( which i did not go on in the end)had sold out when i checked it last weekend, so that was good for all things Turkey and tourism,..as another member said in the beginning this was meant to be for anti terrorist purposes and then suddenly seemed to be about in my humble opinion a money making scheme...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
ahh - so it's simply a register of guests? A bit like we have been doing with our Sitesi managers for the last couple of years.

I'll look into this a little more when we are over next month. If it means we can let friends and family stay (and just pay the sitesi manager for the electricity they use) then that will be all we need.

Thanks

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
We feel a little more relaxed now. Also they are monitoring suspects more than regular Joes. We are going to look into registering when we come over and update info. We have been quoted ridiculous prices from Agents to set this system up but seems it is quite straightforward. Many companies making big money out of this.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Many companies making big money out of this.

Burasi Turkiye !  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Many companies making big money out of this.

Yes, you're right.  However the deal Inspector put together seems decent value if you're going down that road - after the initial set up, its about £50 a month which if you're doing summer rentals (assuming things pick up a bit) you'll recoup.  All the charges are tax deductible as well and I'm sure you could negotiate either opening the "season" later or finishing earlier.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
When i said the new rental rules appear to be turning into a money making scheme for some i in no way meant Inspector ( just in case anyone thought that!) i have huge admiration for Inspector using his own time to come on here and post for all of us his valuable knowledge when things like this happen...  ;)i

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
ahh - so it's simply a register of guests? A bit like we have been doing with our Sitesi managers for the last couple of years.

I'll look into this a little more when we are over next month. If it means we can let friends and family stay (and just pay the sitesi manager for the electricity they use) then that will be all we need.

Thanks

Stoop - we're out here now and have spoken at length with Cenk and cleared up the grey area for those of us who do not rent commercially and only have friends and family stay.

Unfortunately, we are completely disadvantaged by the new rules and it basically means that you can't let friends and extended family stay for just a nominal fee for electricity, etc. or even for free.

The only way around this is to go through the full registration process (IIRC with all the necessary fees an initial 2500TL set up). You then have to have an accountant so you'll have to spend money each month to prove you earned no money! You would then also have to report anybody staying at your property using the online system between midnight and 1:30am every day. (Oh, and if the system crashes or just simply gets overloaded (which is likely!) then you'll have to take a physical paper copy to the Polis station first thing the following morning to avoid a fine!)

As long as it is an immediate family member (grandfather/mother, mother/father, son/daughter, grandchild), with the same surname, then this will not be a problem. If the immediate family member does have a different surname then the advice is to have a birth and/or marriage certificate to hand to prove parentage links. Aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins with different surnames may well be a problem though and the polis may well not accept they are relatives.

There is also no problem having any friends or family to stay as long as an owner is staying at the property at the same time.

Cenk's advice was to cancel any friends or extended family coming over this year and see if things get a bit more relaxed in 2018. Not great when they've already booked flights but, as KKOB said 'Burasi Turkiye!'

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The only way around this is to go through the full registration process (IIRC with all the necessary fees an initial 2500TL set up). You then have to have an accountant so you'll have to spend money each month to prove you earned no money! You would then also have to report anybody staying at your property using the online system between midnight and 1:30am every day. (Oh, and if the system crashes or just simply gets overloaded (which is likely!) then you'll have to take a physical paper copy to the Polis station first thing the following morning to avoid a fine!)

No, there are alternatives as others have shown in this topic such as using a maintenance company that does all of the above for you, or alternatively setting up the system demonstrated by Inspector in the very first post in this topic. 

I now know of several more folks (not members here) who have "gone legal" and registered with the relevant authorities either off their own back or via their maintenance company.  To quote one of them, "can't see what all the fuss is about, they've invested anywhere between £50,000 and £150,000 as a holiday home and they're complaining about an extra few hundred quid a year", or words to that effect.

It's not relevant to us any more, but if it was then we'd deal with it.  Just the same as you have to deal with the constantly shifting goalposts of Turkish bureaucracy and laws on a daily or weekly basis or annual basis.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf