Author Topic: DNA Testing for genealogy  (Read 6352 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: DNA Testing for genealogy
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 19:44:21 PM »
Thanks very much. I did a tree on Genes reunited.. It was very addictive. I hoped I would find out something about my dad's dad..but no :( 

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 20:10:18 PM »
I have one on there too. However ancestry has the biggest data base. Give me his name or your dad's n I'll have a look for him x

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 13:30:51 PM »
Well I got the results back from Ancestry. No huge suprises, except Russian, finland and iberian peninsular. The fun really starts when you upload your raw dna to gedmatch.com. They have all sorts of weird and wonderful programmes there that show your true ethnicity. Ancestry only do a 7 generation thing..and it comes back and im 5.8% Turkish..lol Berna Teyze Turke..Wonder if thats enough for them to give me a work permit..   ;)   ;) ;D ;D
I was looking through my list of dna matches on ancestry and my matches have these people in their matches, which makes them my matches too..what part of dna you inherit is all very weird and wonderful. ..to tell the truth I Dont know which is the persons name of which is the area.. :  :)

I also got iberian peninsula, which is bad news for you JF in case I want to re connect with the ancestors. :-* :-* :-* :o :o
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 19:46:45 PM by BernieTeyze »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 14:11:09 PM »
The last time I had my DNA tested I was told that my closest match was a red geranium on our front window sill. :(

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 14:14:20 PM »
I also got iberian peninsula, which is bad news for you JF in case I want to re connect with the ancestors. :-* :-* :-* :o :o

I'm not sure the Iberian Peninsula is ready for you - jeez, you create havoc and chaos within a twenty mile radius wherever you go!

:)

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 16:43:42 PM »
The last time I had my DNA tested I was told that my closest match was a red geranium on our front window sill. :(
Wasn't that an IQ Test?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 16:58:03 PM »
Baaaaaaa !

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 18:08:56 PM »
Serious stuff now clever,educated people. I got an email from this Turkish dna match. The family left Turkey due to Armenian genocide. Some family went to America but intake numbers were limited. So they went to Cuba,married and got into America that way. She watched a film recently called The Promise. I will of course be watching it as soon as I can locate it. However, I know nothing about Armenia/Armenians..Err Kim Kardashian family are Armenian..So before I write the wrong thing, can anyone give a brief synopsis on this please. I don't recall ever knowingly using Wikipedia..That's twice in the past week I've needed to access it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 18:19:18 PM »
The family left Turkey due to Armenian genocide. ..... can anyone give a brief synopsis on this please.

I'm not sure whether you'll be able to get access to this from Turkey but it's worth a read.

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/genocidefaq.html

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 18:50:44 PM »
Successive Turkish governments since the founding of the Republic in 1923 have denied there was a "genocide" whilst not denying extensive loss of life among the Armenian population of Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf