Author Topic: "A number of fatalities" after explosion at Manchester Arena  (Read 6175 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: "A number of fatalities" after explosion at Manchester Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
I feel heartbroken for these people, my husband works in this industry, at different location,  so it real does feel to close for comfort, we often take our children to these kind of events all the time because we get staff offers. You don't expect to not come home from a memorable experience like a concert.
Unfortunately we have discussed many times that this would happen, it was only a mater of where and when.  :'(.
My heart goes out to those all effected by this barbaric and cowardly act on our innocent children and society.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
I was following this 'live', so to speak as Mr WB's flight back from the UK was delayed by three hours.
It was a long evening....

The daughter of one friend is among the injured in hospital - she is 13 years old. Luckily they expect her to recover fully.
The twin girls of another friend were luckily unharmed apart from some minor cuts and bruises from the aftermath.

Of course, while they may heal quite rapidly from the physical wounds, psychologically it's another matter.

A bunch of my daughter's sixth form friends were hoping to attend and it's only because they had exams yesterday and today that they weren't there. I would never want my kids to stop living 'just in case' something happens, but this one does feel rather too close for comfort.  :'(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 19:04:10 PM »
And people seriously believe that the Tories will try and make political capital out of this little girls murder. How sad is that

R.I.P Saffie

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 19:49:22 PM »
I thought this video on Facebook by John Bishop was so moving and everything he said was said with emotion.
I think he did the right thing and it is hard to watch this without a tear in your eye.  Forgetting all the rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool, we are just all people sharing the same grief.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1627326503964100&id=114025798627519

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
   The Manchester bomber, whose family had been given a safe haven in the UK, is known to have traveled to Syria and

has proven links to ISIL..       And he was let back into the UK. !!!!!!          Fully trained. !!!!!           Why. ??

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:01:47 AM by kevin3 »

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 20:35:20 PM »
A detention centre no if buts or rights for the WHOLE Family no ifs or buts, family completely innocent or not would hopefully deter, I may offend some buts that how I feel.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 21:50:41 PM »
A detention centre no if buts or rights for the WHOLE Family

I believe that is how the justice system in North Korea works.  It was favoured by some Russian fellow as well, a number of years ago.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 06:29:00 AM »
Whatttt the f I cant believe that piece of scum's family have been given a safe haven in uk...what a joke...its an insult to all those poor families whose lives will never be the same again thanks to him...they should be put in stocks like witches were in the olden days and the families of 'his' innocent victims should be allowed to put nails screws whatever they like into them and cut a few limbs off etc...that is how i feel about this cowardly bit of scum...

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
I can't get around how anyone known for traveling to Syria are then being allowed back into the UK (knowingly) to just roam free but are on a watch list. What is that all about?  as far as I can see you only go to Syria for 2 reasons, war or aid worker and I am dam sure he wasn't the later. Bring back inturn camps.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 21:12:55 PM »

And just to rub salt in the wounds it has been reported that he bought the bombs ingredients using his Benefit money, and

used his Students Loan to travel among his ISIL friends. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf