Author Topic: June 2917 - some random memories  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
June 2917 - some random memories
« on: June 27, 2017, 20:39:29 PM »
Holiday of to a splendid start with a wee soiree with scunner and family.

The most ill-mannered, ill-disciplined kids on the flight out was really annoying.

If you have ever wondered why arm rests never seem to work on aircrafts – possibly because 16 stone idiots like the one we had choose to sit on them for have the flight.

Surprised to hear the flight crew announce they were taking a ½ hour break during the flight out.

Immaculate service as usual from Fethiye Airport Transfers – faultless. The best.

First week was very quiet with not a lot of people going about. Glad to say that it had picked up appreciably on our last night.

Same old, same old menus with the exception of the Address, Laika and Lighthouse. Doesn’t  help that I am not adventurous enough and always end up on the front

Another splendid performance from Stuart MacDonald. Great man.

Upsetting to see people begging on the front.

Kindly offer a seat on a crowded dolmus but alarmed that the offer was made by a gentleman who I could have sworn was older than me.

Alarmed by the "12 year old" pilot of the water taxi we were on. Spent the first 20 minutes on his phone and 95% of the rest of the voyage looking around and chatting up young girls.

So enjoyed this rendition of Sound of Silence in the Meri Bar. Best cover version I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg

Peering in Guvens window looking early one morning for internet access when his dog went berserk thus wakening up the man himself who was having a nap on the sofa under the window. Sorry my friend.

Lots of ow’s and ah’s in the bedroom most nights. Sadly, it was only me trying to reach my shoe laces.

Still being blanked a Calis “legend”.

We have always appreciated the low rise lights coming back on the water taxi but this has been spoiled by the increasing development above Fethiye.

Pleased to see people who tried to “jump the queue” by ignoring the “rows 30 and above” request at boarding being turned away.

Still can’t understand the “loudest music” competition between bars.

How do people get away with the size of their hand luggage ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: June 2917 - some random memories
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 20:48:41 PM »
2917 eh ? Good one H.   :)

Whatever happened to " Check. Check. Check again" ?  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: June 2017 - some random memories
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 23:22:36 PM »
I'm crushed     :)

Thanks for pointing out - NOT !!!!!!!    ;)

For those who did not read my original post I entitled it " June 2917 - some random memories".  :( :( :(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 23:43:00 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf