Author Topic: No decent water pressure since Wednesday evening.  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: No decent water pressure since Wednesday evening.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 19:12:50 PM »
Oh dear - do you smell that bad?

Joking of course.

Today it seems to be fine at my house - what about yours Libra?

Offline Libra

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 06:31:04 AM »
In the morning we had thin flowing water , in the afternoon there was none. Had to shower in the garden using a big plastic water bottle ( preheated in the sun ) and a small manual water pump.

The water came again after 9 pm.

We have a water tank in the house but the pump motor is not working. Had that tiled tank tested and cleaned a few years ago but did not need to use it since then. A repairman will come today. When the pump is fixed I'll have hopefully no water problem.... back to the good old times when this house was built and there was no water like today.

It's 8.30 am now and the thin flow of water does not give any hope for this day , too.

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:46 AM »
We are having water all day and then it just goes in the evenings. It surely can't be too many people using the water as it'stands not that busy here at the moment. We'recommend seriously thinking of switching back to the old tank/pump solution we had before mains water.

Offline Libra

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 07:39:31 AM »
I wonder what hotels do ? Do they all have sufficient tanks ? I have seen nothing about the water shortage here in the local or national press.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 22:40:57 PM »
We also used to have water delivered to our tank when we first moved here. We kept the tank full even after we were connected to mains water but it developed a leak and no-one could tell where the leak was so we couldn't get it repaired.

I'm not sure that water standing in a tank for such a long time to use as back up would be a very healthy idea anyway even though we don't drink it. Legionnaires springs (ho-ho) to mind.

At the moment, our water goes off at night. Can cope with that. Although the air locks from the constant on/off situation are extremely annoying and there have been many swear words flying round my kitchen sink recently.

Offline Libra

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
Yesterday the pump of our tank has been repaired. I had the tank emptied and cleaned a few years ago. It's a tiled tank like a small pool in the basement. The repairman said one should test the pump every one or two months otherwise it might not work if not used for a long time. There was really a burning smell when I tried to use it before I had to call him. All extra cost and work but we need water...

By the way if anybody needs a repairman for a motor pump or pool motor , I can recommend him. His name is Isa Kısa and his phone is (0532) 791 50 86 . He came on time as agreed , checked , went to get spare parts and came back again after an hour as he promised. He charged 60 Lira for service and 75 Lira for the new part ( a big red metal ball on top of the motor ).

Someone else I asked before wanted 80 Lira for coming and taking the motor , 80 Lira for bringing it back again plus repair cost.

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »
Had water cut one day last. Been ok since but water in toilets seem scummy orange round the water line since.  Anyone else got this problem  we are near Sunday market

Offline Menthol

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 21:02:50 PM »
Glad to hear you can go back to showering in your bathroom, Libra  :)

Offline Libra

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 21:32:05 PM »
Thank You Menthol. Started yesterday evening showering and finished the waiting washes today. Now I am waiting for the water to run again to refill the tank.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 00:29:12 AM »
The water went off twice today at my house. We also had a power cut in the early evening.

Gotta love the Ovacik life!   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf