Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23770 times)

Offline Edina

Re: Help!!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 21:34:13 PM »
 I was badly bitten by mosquitoes on my first trip to Fethiye area many years ago.  I reacted similarly to your husband and visited the pharmacy and was prescribed an antibiotic cream, along with hydrocortisone cream, which worked a treat.  On returning to the UK I was also advised to take one antihistamine tablet every day to help reduce the severity of reaction to mosquito bites on any future foreign holidays.  This has worked for me. Hope the above is of some help.  I now take antihistamine tablets with me on every foreign holiday and take one tablet a day.  Cetirizine or Loratadine are the names of antihistamine tablets. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 21:47:05 PM »
I hope you don't mind me saying Edina but I think it's great that a member who doesn't post often comes to someone's assistance.   :)

Offline Edina

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 21:58:06 PM »
I don't mind you saying!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 02:00:41 AM »
go to the small Chemists opposite Migros in Fethiye. This is where all the Brits go.  The owner trained as a Doctor and is excellent. Go and see him.
No they don't. I go to the chemist directly opposite the A&E gate at Devlet where I have been dealing with Bekir for years. They are as good as any and cheaper than most.
I have just returned from 16 days in Calis and didn't see or hear a single mossy!!

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 06:22:50 AM »
I've seen a few but not as many as last year. I've been using Off every night but forgot to spray my feet! Few bites on my feet now. : :)  :-\

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »
..my advice would be go to the small Chemists opposite Migros in Fethiye. This is where all the Brits go. 

Do they really ?

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
I react to bites by growing a half-boiled-egg swelling, with a really attractive yellow crust!!
Or I used to.
Now, at dusk, I apply 50% deet gel, and haven't been bitten for years, and I spend two months a year (June and September) in Calis.
I used to take cetirizine, which is about £1 from supermarkets for a 14 day supply, and douse the area in neat vodka!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 09:22:00 AM »
..my advice would be go to the small Chemists opposite Migros in Fethiye. This is where all the Brits go. 

Do they really ?

Yes.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
Only Jungle Formula with 50% Deet works for me.

However to ease the pain my missus found that a teaspoon heated up in hot water then placed on the bite worked for her. Evidently it counteracts the chemical that causes the itching. Be careful not to burn the skin though.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 11:42:38 AM »
I actually take daily antihistamine tablets so they don't really affect me. I found that there were hardly any mosquitos in May/June this year. I think they are worse at the end of the season?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf