Author Topic: Turkish Owners not paying their Maintenace  (Read 6139 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Turkish Owners not paying their Maintenace
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 15:35:36 PM »
Hi all. It's awful when certain owners on a site refuse to pay maintenance, but can I tell you our story. We live on a small 20 apt complex that had mainly English owners when it was built 12 years or so ago. The English ran the complex and collected monies by taking money off the English by bank transfer and knocking on the doors of the Turkish for there money. Quite a few of the Turkish didn't pay every time and some didn't pay at all. I have to say this was not done legally and we hadn't set up a condominium. We had a meeting with all the owners and asked if a Turkish owner would be prepared to take over the reins and one owner agreed to do it. He said that he would only do it if it was all done legally and a condominium was formed. We formed a condominium and had all the books notarised. We have meetings where we all receive a full print out of all monies collected and all expenditure incurred. There are only 2 English owners left on site now including myself. The complex has never looked so good, everything is just as we had always wished for. We still have 3 Turkish owners who won't pay. We have given them  set time to pay and if they don't we have all agreed we will take action against them. It just shows that the Turkish also take pride in where they live and are willing to pay towards it. Hope you get your problems sorted on your complex like we did.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf