Author Topic: First time visit, just a few questions I have :)  (Read 5963 times)

Offline 06hallja

• Newly Registered
First time visit, just a few questions I have :)
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:36 AM »
Hi All,

I am going on my first holiday abroad in 3 weeks and we are staying in Jiva Beach Resort.

I honestly can't wait, even though we are only going to be there for a week!

But seeing as I'm a Turkey newbie i was wondering if you could give me some advice?

1) Should i take out Pounds and change in to Lira?

2) Recommendations on excursions and trips?

3) Recommendations on restaurants? (don't fancy eating in the resort for 7 day straight!)

4) I would like to purpose to my girlfriend while out there and would like to buy a ring, sadly i don't have a huge budget (£200-£300) any recommendations on jewelers?

Thank you

Jack

Offline Bluwise

Re: First time visit, just a few questions I have :)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi and welcome - I'm sure you will love Calis!

Here are a few suggestions to your questions - I'm sure others will have ideas too

We do as you tend to get a better rate over there than at home.  Take some lira to get you started then change what you need.

Hmm, can't help as we rarely bother but a boat trip from either Fethiye Harbour or from Calis is always a lovely day out

3) Recommendations on restaurants? (don't fancy eating in the resort for 7 day straight!)
A tough one to answer as one man's meat etc......  Have a walk along Calis front and you will be spoilt for choice.

4) I would like to purpose to my girlfriend while out there and would like to buy a ring, sadly i don't have a huge budget (£200-£300) any recommendations on jewelers?
I would have said Onur Jewellers on Calis main street but I'm not sure if he is back from UK this year so I will pass on this one

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »
Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy the Jiva based on the feedback I've had from those we have met who have stayed there.

Bring Sterling and change in the change shop on the main Calis street or in Fethiye - banks or change shops.. DON'T change it in the hotel or at the airport! It's also illegal to change it just anywhere. It has to be an official exchange place.

Yes get a boat trip. Cheap as chips and a great day out. They will pick you up and drop you off, feed you and you will see some lovely little places. All for about £15 each.

Also think about Saklikent and maybe the Mud Baths at Dalyan. Just beware they will stop off at jewelers or a carbet place/bazaar and you might get the hard sell if you get off the coach ;-)

Enjoy your holiday  :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:00:27 PM »
See Sedat at Zumrut jewelers next door to Onur. a lot of people on here know him.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

Definitely take sterling but perhaps 100 tl for first day till you get settled in. Agree 100% with kenkay re Zumrut (even although it's illegal.

Recommendations on excursions and trips?
Sugar Boat boat trip (on facebook if you are on there or phone 00 90 532 781 1265 - not the cheapest but a great day out)

Our favourite Bella Mammas on Calis Beach front. Calis Beach Indian Restaurant won the vote for best restaurant on this Forum in 2017

I hope you propose as well  ;). Again Zumrut Jewelers or if you are in Olu Deniz Infinity Jewelers

I have a Guide to Restaurants Etc. in Calis although it is a number of years old. Might be of some assistance. If I can find it and you send me an email address I will send you a copy.

PS Hope she says yes

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 15:24:07 PM »
We stayed at Jiva Beach last year and it is excellent. If you walk for about 5 minutes from the hotel towards the beach front walkway the first restaurant on your right is Oben, highly recommended. Have a fab time, I’m sure you will.

Offline Fran

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 19:16:21 PM »
Hi and welcome - I'm sure you will love Calis!

Here are a few suggestions to your questions - I'm sure others will have ideas too

We do as you tend to get a better rate over there than at home.  Take some lira to get you started then change what you need.

Hmm, can't help as we rarely bother but a boat trip from either Fethiye Harbour or from Calis is always a lovely day out

A tough one to answer as one man's meat etc......  Have a walk along Calis front and you will be spoilt for choice.

I would have said Onur Jewellers on Calis main street but I'm not sure if he is back from UK this year so I will pass on this one
There is a jewellery workshop in Calis who could make you a ring. He has lots of different stones and will help you design. If you have any old gold he will melt it down and incorporate it into the ring. I can give you details if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 21:21:43 PM »
A day trip to Rhodes is a fabulous day out

Offline scorcher

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 23:29:09 PM »
It certainly is providing the boat doesn't break down!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 23:53:06 PM »
That's all part of the fun :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf