Author Topic: taking a year out from England  (Read 11838 times)

Offline canim

taking a year out from England
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 21:02:00 PM »
thanks everyone for your help....i will write everything down and make sure i have it in my purse at all times....REALLY REALLY looking forward now....only draw back is telling my boss... dont think they will be best pleased with me as i have just started the job....but what the hell TURKEY here i come :D

Offline doll

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 03:56:22 AM »
new job or new life umm.....
hurry up

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 10:39:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by canim

thanks Rach...just have to learn how to cook Turkish now...lol Love everything about Turkey even the electric going off..lol oh but dont like olives :Dbut im sure i can avoid them :D

Your welcome :D
It p*sses me off when the electric switches off! Especially when your in the middle of drying your hair or cooking your dinner! But you've just got to laugh!  8)

I hope everything goes well when you tell your boss [^]and your dream of living in Calis comes true!!! :P:D
Rach xx

Offline canim

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 17:00:23 PM »
All bosses told now... worst bit over with..:D Rach im actually not staying in Calis...not far away though Ovacek....god help them when i move there :D they wont know whats hit um....no kidding im ok really... yep roll on 30th December YIPPEE :D....any other advice you can give would be welcomed ie what things to take with me that might be a lot more expensive out there etc that will fit in a suitcase lol xxx

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2005, 19:23:15 PM »
Canim if you find out the cost of the yearly visa could you post it on here? I did not know you could get a yearly visa either! Good luck with your move I wish you all the best and of course if you can get to an internet cafe you can still check in with the forum eh?

Lin

Offline canim

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005, 07:46:06 AM »
sorry didnt mean visa i ment insurance for the year....finaly found some cover after hours of searching...least if i fall ill i can do it with peace of mind  :)the cost was £145 which allows me to travel to greece then the sneaky so an sos charged me another £25 which gives me the option of returning to England up to 4 times in the year ..... really really excited now...Does any member know the opening times of the Finasbank over the new year? the plan was i was going to transfer my money to my english friends bank account then withdraw it and transfer it to mine(she will be there with me but only for a week)but that plan has gone out of the window (her hubby doesnt agree :( so back to square one HOW TO BRING MY MONEY TO TURKEY...why isnt anything straight forward  :)

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2005, 13:47:21 PM »
bring a wadge over in your hand luggage, enough to live on for 12 months open and account and bung it in there, but make sure you got a back up plan LOL just joking don't take this seriously LOL

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2005, 15:35:50 PM »
Get yourself a nationwide account & pull it out £300 a time plus do the above with some of it.
Failing that then go into your bank, tell them what you want to do & you should be able to fax or telephone them to carry out the transaction once you have a Turkish bank account. We did this with Nationwide. This way however costs you around £40 by the time you pay the bank here & the charge from the bank in Turkey for receiving the money.
In my opinion the Nationwide is a must have account - great exchange rates & no charges to withdraw cash.
Linda

Offline canim

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 21:08:38 PM »
paid a visit to Nationwide bank today....told them what i want to do and guess what....CANT do it ....can open an account and withdraw money using card but cant fax or telephone them to carry out transaction once i have my turkish bank account...so looks like i will have wads in discreet places...lol BANKS they seem to think its their money and not mine... Thanks for the advice Linda im still going to open an account with Nationwide because they dont charge to withdraw money with cash card and they say they have a good exchange rate...we will see.... Christina x

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 06:50:40 AM »
I think there may be some cpnfusion here. You can transfer your money from Nationwide to a Turkish Bank. However they may require you to give the instruction personally with all the relevant account numbers etc otherwise any one who has your account details could phone up and empty your account!
It may also be that you need a Sterling account to transfer the money to in Turkey. Not certain on this as I always transfer to a sterling account anyway :).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf