Author Topic: On a cheerful subject  (Read 5552 times)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
On a cheerful subject
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 18:29:44 PM »
Brummy - pure magic - you crack me up

Janet

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
On a cheerful subject
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 19:00:33 PM »
Hi Anne.....there is an area set aside by Fethiye Council for foreign residents.  If you log onto www.fethiyetimes.org.uk  In the headings click on living then scroll down to wills/death it will give you all the info you require.
I think it is essential you discuss this with family as normally here burial takes place within 48 hours of death and it may not be possible for family to get here in time to attend the funeral.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
On a cheerful subject
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 14:03:34 PM »
Trust you lot!!!!! but I really needed a serious answer on this occasion so thanks Brian. I will have a look. Anne

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
On a cheerful subject
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 14:04:35 PM »
Trust you lot!!!!! but I really needed a serious answer on this occasion so thanks Brian. I will have a look. Anne

Offline Dippey

On a cheerful subject
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 14:55:12 PM »
**Dreaming** if only i was a moderator. ;)

Offline apollo

On a cheerful subject
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 15:08:59 PM »
The Fethiye Times details provide a brief outline. What is really needed is a definitive procedure to follow.

Offline Dippey

On a cheerful subject
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 15:39:35 PM »
Sorry for pointing out the obvious here, but if anyone has a question based on a serious nature like this then you should seek professional advice from the British Embassy in Istanbul or The British Consulate in Fethiye. They will advise you correctly and in detail, thats what they are there for.

Dippz

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
On a cheerful subject
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 19:23:20 PM »
We have asked several couples who have retired to Fethiye and Calis and not one of them knew the answer or had even discussed it with each other and most of them haven't made a will yet. Maybe they think that they are the only ones who are going to live forever!! lol.

Offline apollo

On a cheerful subject
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:14:08 AM »
The Consulate and Embassy do advise. However, in my experience, their advice is based on government information and what should happen theoretically.

On this forum there is a detailed procedure for obtaining a residence permit. This post has been brought upto date by members experiences.

I think that the original question was looking for something similar.

Someone on the forum may have already done the research or in the worst situation had to help someone through this procedure and therefore has practical experience.

By sharing the experiences prevents a couple of things. It stops 1001 people visiting or telephoning the consulate. Also when the terrible day arrives, maybe late at night or over a weekend, we will at least know where to start.

Offline Dippey

On a cheerful subject
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 07:47:26 AM »
Totally agree with you on that Paul, my post was to give another source of information as, apart from Brians, there was no other answer or advise given to Anne.

Dippz

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf