Author Topic: Bougainvillea has died  (Read 4080 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Bougainvillea has died
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
We have over 10 Bougainvilla some looked very dead during our April visit although by the time we left some small shoots were coming back. In answer to covering a wall try honeysuckle as this is evergreen and you do get a nice smell we have these that grow over 10 foot wall and they require little maintenance once established.

Offline Evie

Bougainvillea has died
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 07:59:54 AM »
My Bougainvillas just coming to life - looked dead but just this week  sprouting leaves so dont pull it up yet give it another week. Mauve one is hardiest and flowers 9 months of the year. Virginia creeper lovely but so messy and takes over garden if not careful thought I had got rid of it from my garden but always finding new shoots.

Offline Firo

Bougainvillea has died
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »
Virginia Creeper for fast coverage and frost friendly...
Honeysuckle for flowers, evergreen,fast coverage and frost friendly.....
I wrap my bougainvillea and place it inside our covered terrace and it still dies.
We were told a great tip when we first moved here, Uzumlu, and it probably is relevant to Ovacik, plant anything that grows in the Uk or Japan as they survive the extremes of temperature.
If you live in Fethiye , Calis etc none of the above applies due to the lack of frost normally.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf