Author Topic: New members  (Read 3044 times)

Offline nicko

New members
« on: September 20, 2006, 17:05:07 PM »
Hi Everyone on the Uzumulu Forum
A quick introduction. We're Pam and Nick. Having owned an apartment in Ovacik for a couple of years we've decided to take the next step and "emigrate" to Uzumulu. One regret is that we didn't buy there when first shown the area 4 years ago!
Our property is up against the forest behind the second filling station, just lots of olive trees and donkey at the moment. The builders (Orka property) say they'll start in November so hoping to be in next summer!! We intend to change our lives by moving out permanently as soon as possible so would love to meet or hear from anyone else who's taken or intend to take the same steps.
Brilliant to find this forum and looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
New members
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 18:14:54 PM »
hello and welcome again nicko and pam

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
New members
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 18:54:15 PM »
Made the permanent move 18 months ago and the only regret is wish we could have done it earlier. Looking forward to many more years here.  Hope you also enjoy it as much. :)

Offline mykwarker

New members
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 21:09:11 PM »
Hi to you both, we're along the track about 100m beyond Jurgen & Ricardas timber house on the right. Out again in acouple of weeks time Everyone tends to meet up in the Wine bar,Oscar & Turgut are excellent hosts.

Offline Eric

New members
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 12:49:33 PM »
Hi Nicko and welcome.
We are going to be near neighbours as our house, currently being built, is also behind the 2nd filling station but on the flat area.
We have just returned after 2 weeks holiday and cannot wait to move over next year.
Hopefully we will meet when you move over....wine house seems to be the place and Oscar is very welcoming and helfull.
Eric & Fi

Offline saoirse

New members
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 19:50:56 PM »
Nicko! I reckon we are gonna be neighbours. I have bought the land next to your 2 villas. I am hoping to build there after I sell my appt in Fethiye. I was out in Uzumlu last week and your villas are comming on great. Bloody big pools! Keep in touch. Philip and Jacqui (Belfast)

Offline nicko

New members
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 20:56:19 PM »
Hi  Saoirse, good to hear from you. Thanks for the update. Had some photos a few weeks ago, but nice to hear things are moving on. Bit worried about how much water we'll need to fill the pool but it's not as deep as some. We're going out in March to choose tiles etc. and hope for completion in May/June. Are you out there at the moment? Best of luck with selling in Fethiye. We're in touch with the folks next door so building up quite a network already.
Hope to see you soon
Pam and Nick

Offline Jo Tomkinson

New members
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 21:44:01 PM »
Hi Nick and Pam, I think you must be pretty close to us.  We have one of the three original houses, the blue one. Do you know which one I mean? Sadly we won't be over until October this year.

Jo and Pete

Offline nicko

New members
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 21:01:31 PM »
Hello Jo and Pete,
Yes we do know your property and look forward to meeting up with you and everyone else later this year. Have you been there long? any tips for the newcomers?

Pam and Nick

Offline Jo Tomkinson

New members
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 22:56:33 PM »
We moved into our villa in May 2004, just wish we could spend more time there, but still working I'm afraid - we must be mad.  What stops us selling up in England and moving over to Turkey permanently?  Two adorable little grandchildren.

A few photos of beautiful Uzumlu below:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 23:06:37 PM by Jo Tomkinson »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf