Author Topic: New Restaurant in Uzumlu  (Read 6579 times)

Offline The Crinklies

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« on: April 13, 2007, 16:01:42 PM »
A lovely new restaurant opened here recently called Uzumhan. It is beautifully done out inside and also has a courtyard garden where you can while away the time with some cool beers! :)
The menu is varied with something to suit everyone and the prices are very reasonable. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble - while we were there, 4 of them lifted a gentleman in a wheelchair, up the stairs into the restaurant and lifted him safely back down again later. Have to say that the food was delicious, especially the dessert that we chose!:D(Not saying what that was otherwise there won't be any left for us when we go this weekend!!!)
The Uzumhan is on the right hand side as you come into the village. Go past the PTT, the statue and the school (all on your left)and as you make your way through the narrower part of the road, it is on the right hand side, above the library. Happy dining!

Offline batman

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 20:08:00 PM »
Hi, I am coming over next weekend for a few days, must give it a try sounds great ! Anyone else out there next weekend?

Offline Susan1

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:37:15 AM »
Sounds nice, will give it a go in June when we are over.

Offline friar tuck

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:11:39 AM »
Will give it a try nice to know there is another place to eat in the village.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »
Thanks for that !  Wish we had realised when we were there last week -we didn't notice.   Certainly will give it a try when we are out in May.  Very disappointed with the Wine House last week - the meals were not good, I understand there is trouble with the chef !  Also more expensive this year.  Such a shame, last year it was great....fingers crossed that it improves with the season.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 12:50:32 PM »
Where do you get the Dolmus up to Uzumulu?

Offline The Crinklies

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 13:20:50 PM »
Hi Rimms, if you stand where the taxis are at the Fethiye tuesday market and look across the 2 roads (the saucepan shop is in the middle) you will see a petrol garage. The dolmus station is just behind the garage.

The Crinklies

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 16:17:26 PM »
I know it, thanks.

Rimms

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 23:59:37 PM »
Rimms - you can also get it in Gunlukbasi - on the corner where they turn to go up to Uzumlu (there's a lovely bakers shop there). I must say though that I prefer to catch it at the main terminal in Fethiye though as at least you know you are on the damn thing!! We waited almost an hour last year on that damn corner!

Stoop

Offline batman

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 18:50:17 PM »
I went to the Uzumhan twice while I was there over the weekend, very nice people the young waiter speaks a little English. The menue is simple along with the decor, the quailty of food is good and the best bit it's as cheap as chips! Theres a large courtyard to eat alfresco or upstairs there are a couple of rooms with normal table and chairs and a couple of rooms with cushions arround the edge and a small table, looks comfy. It's just the sort of place the centre of the village needs and should be supported. To give you an idea, 1 Efes, 1 soup, 1 chicken shish and lemon/sugar pancake to finish 16TL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf