Author Topic: New Restaurant in Uzumlu  (Read 6560 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »
say as find........we ate there several times in one week, it was great.   My mother was out last week and ate there several times and was never disappointed.  Food and service always very good.

Offline The Crinklies

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »
Eric & Fi, it seems a bit unfair to blame the food poisoning on the Uzumhan unless you are absolutely 100% certain. It may well have been something that was eaten or drunk previously?!

We can only comment on our experiences there and each time we have had good, friendly service with tasty food. We have to agree with Friar Tuck that the portions are very generous.

The Crinklies

Offline Eric

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 16:55:18 PM »
Dear The Crinklies,

Not being unfair, last thing I ate before the evening meal was breakfast at about 09.00 which was just toast.  Only had 2 Efes with the meal.  Sickness came on about 2 hours after the meal, nothing eaten in between, which is about the right timeframe for food poisoning.  Not saying that everyone will get food poisoning, may just be a one off.  Only adding my experience of our visit like everyone else does, good or bad.  Reviews should accept good and bad, peoples experiences differ and that is the point of the reviews.
Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Eric

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 17:19:39 PM »
If i can find it ill give it a go.
   Sounds nice,with the court yard an all.

Offline batman

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
Hi All, the Uzuham has changed hands a few months ago, I have to retract all my commments on my previous post. The new owners have doubled the price of the main dishes (now the same a Calis beach prom !) but the quality of food and service is utterly discraceful, we were overcharged, corrected after I pointed it out, another couple had tap water put in their bottled water. It won't last long like this.

Eric, not suprised you had food poisoning the way they were carring on.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by batman

Hi All, the Uzuham has changed hands a few months ago, I have to retract all my commments on my previous post. The new owners have doubled the price of the main dishes (now the same a Calis beach prom !) but the quality of food and service is utterly discraceful, we were overcharged, corrected after I pointed it out, another couple had tap water put in their bottled water. It won't last long like this.

Eric, not suprised you had food poisoning the way they were carring on.

Batman  -  that explains it.  We had great food in April and May and my mother enjoyed it in June.  however when we went back a couple of weeks ago, our food was not good - raw chips, small portions and very disappointing (yes, we too thought the price had gone up).  Unfortunately I suffered with funny tummy afterwards too and thought it was the chicken I had there as I had eaten nothing else that day other than fresh bread for brunch.  Oh dear, what a shame  :(  its started off so promising.   But I hear they have changed chefs again at the winehouse and that has improved.....?.

Offline tillyfloss

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
I visited  July/early August and spent a full day being sick etc after eating here. I had to spend the day in bed and it meant me missing a trip with the children.  Feel sorry for the girl who does all the serving etc.  She is such a sweetie but boy, does she work hard! The rest of my family have had no problems with the place but needless to say I don't eat much when I'm there!  
I hope they have changed the chef etc at the Winehouse.  We visited once and it was absolutely disgraceful.  The staff had noooo interest whatsoever and the food...undescribable.  Again, it's such a shame because it could be a great place.

Offline friar tuck

New Restaurant in Uzumlu
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 16:39:06 PM »
The restuarant has not changed ownership Turgut still owns it what has changed is the Chef, it has improved now but still a little on the pricey side.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf