Author Topic: Carpenter in Uzumlu  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Susan1

« on: April 14, 2007, 04:40:27 AM »
Has anyone used the carpenter in Uzumlu to have anything made for the house or garden, we want to have some new interior doors made, and a fitted cupboard in the hallway.

Susan

Offline wickwilly

Carpenter in Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 15:22:11 PM »
There are 2 carpenters in Uzumlu. We had our interior doors made by the one on the left on the main road into the village .He claimed that the wood had been properly seasoned and had been brought from Trabzon as it was a heavier quality.Had 14 doors made at quite a considerable cost.A real CON MERCHANT. The wood had not been seasoned and after just 3 months they started to crack all over the joins.Gaping holes appeared in some of them where the knots in the wood had dried out and then fallen out.After 3 years they are still cracking and we are getting replacement doors from a guy in Fethiye. Not wood and half the price.I strongly advise you against using that carpenter.I dont know what the other one in the village is like. He is to the left just after the statue of Ataturk down a side road.

WW

Offline Susan1

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »
Thanks wickwilly for the info, will not be using that carpenter.

Our builder made all our furniture, so will try to get hold of him to check with him regarding the doors we want to change in the house.

Susan

Offline voyageur

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 13:36:30 PM »
We used the carpenter opposite the turning to the Sat. Market ,old Antalya Road Fethiye. He made all our doors and kitchen units and have had no touble at all. (And he was cheaper than the the Uzumlu quote) I think the name of the shop is Joshkun, he has furniture on diplay.

Offline Susan1

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:29:04 AM »
Hi Voyageur,

Thanks for that have made a note of his name as my builder has not come back to me yet, if I am coming from Uzumlu, where abouts is the Sat.Market and old Antalya Road.

Does anyone know where I can get a road map of Fethiye and the local area, I have checked on several sites but no one seems to have a road map of this area for sale.

Susan

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Carpenter in Uzumlu
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:04:52 AM »
Small stationery /gift shop opposite Carrefour (Gima) :)

Offline Susan1

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 16:38:29 PM »
Thanks a lot Tribalelder will get one when in Turkey next.

Susan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf