Author Topic: Uzumlu Quiz Night  (Read 1832 times)

Offline LoubyLou

Uzumlu Quiz Night
« on: April 19, 2007, 19:24:13 PM »
In February they had just started trying to organise a quiz night in Uzumlu every fortnight for both expats and Turks.

Can anyone tell me what day it is on and also if there will be one next week?

I was not well when we were there in February and I can't remember what day it was on.

Offline UzumluH2o

Uzumlu Quiz Night
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 20:56:50 PM »
Hi. Unfortunately you have just missed this weeks. I have just returned from it. It is at the the old ERK petrol station which, since it has been taken over, is now a Petrol Official (PO) garage. To the right and part of the garage is a Restaurant and the quiz is held there every fortnight. Next will be 11th May at about 7.30ish. Admission is 1 lira YTL and all proceeds go to the village school. The food is not bad there, but be careful of the prices as they are not shown in the Menu. Tonight we raised 115YTL. There are quite a few young Turks who also participate and I'm ashamed to say absolutely trash us old ones with their general knowledge. Hopefully see you at the next one.

Offline LoubyLou

Uzumlu Quiz Night
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
Hi - is that you Bob???

We did go, as we managed to find out when we were there!! Because it was only a fleeting visit I didn't know if we would have time to find out!!

We are back over for the kids summer holidays 24/7 so are looking forward to many more quiz nights!!! We'll try harder next time to get better scores??? It was good to see they are getting more popular and starting o raise good amounts of cash for the school.

Louise

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf