Author Topic: Water shortages  (Read 5331 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Water shortages
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ECHOSTAR

when we had a water problem here in tasyaka we went to the springs on the way to Uzumlu and filled up aload of containers yes it was inconveient but still could wash drink and cook sorry i think iam missing somthing because i don't see the problem

Echostar,  we have done the same, and in the heat of last summer actually stood under the springs !   Jeezzz, they are cold :D :o

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Water shortages
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »
lynx
Oh what a shame, my heart bleeds for you.
Now the truth.  Bloody Tough, if you don`t like the Turkish ways, go back to England.

Crabbit. (not so polite as Scunner)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Water shortages
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »
Hi lynx

I take it you have a reserve water tank why don't you get one of the Mobile water tankers to fill it up for you

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Water shortages
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

Crabbit. (not so polite as Scunner)

No you aren't lol

I have read on here so many things along this theme. Members complaining about the mosque waking them up every morning (that would be the mosque they saw as they viewed the property they bought), also a member who doesn't come here anymore - complaining that weddings at the aquapark are too loud and are still going at 1 am! [:o]

As for me, I generally live and let live, although I have filed a complaint with the Belediye. Surely they can do something about the noisy Turkish crickets. I didn't come here to be kept awake by that din.

The TURKISH owl that sits hooting on my neighbours roof? Don't get me started on that one...

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Water shortages
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »
and the flippin frogs whats that about? We also have a cockerel near us that starts at about 4am! Someone say something about the price of chicken?
To keep on thread though- our water was off once! I think it was due to some building work going on somewhere- anyway once was enough - I was traumered!My husband, ever the boy scout, came up trumps and sourced enough water to ensure we didn't go out smelly that evening.
However I would hate to be in the situation that Lynx describes and i do feel a degree of sympathy. Although i would've thought that it came with the territory and for all the marvellous rugged scenery comes a degree of primitiveness, surely thats the trade off? One cant expect to impose the UK utilities process and protocols on a rural Turkish system. Maybe one of the things we can rely on in the UK still.

Offline Eric

Water shortages
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 15:51:31 PM »
We agree with Pookie & Scunner, we live in Uzumlu and yes we have low water pressure & none at other times and yes it's frustrating but as the saying goes "Welcome to Turkey"...our feelings are, adapt & accept that it's not perfect here but it's a darn site better than living in the UK as far as we are concerned...plenty of free water at the springs so do as the locals do use them.
Let the Belidere know your complaint and hopefully at some time in the future we will not have these problems but for now water shortage or not, give me beautiful & tranquil Uzumlu anyday.:D
Eric & Fi

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Water shortages
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 16:16:00 PM »
frogs, crickets, mosques, flipping heck, thats nothing compared to the four donkeys that are tethered in the olive groves next to us. I swear one of them used to front Black Sabbath :D :o:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Water shortages
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 16:26:26 PM »
Just one more point.

While you are moaning about farmers taking all the water to recklessly grow food to eat, have you ever wondered what they might think about the 20,000 litres or so you fill your pool with?

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Water shortages
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 16:49:46 PM »
As a matter of interest is there a charge for water rates in Turkey.if so how much per year,

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Water shortages
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 19:49:18 PM »
We are metered and pay about £14 per year for our place in Koca Calis. I know it's much more in Uzumlu - especailly if you have a pool!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf