Author Topic: Attempted Break In  (Read 4645 times)

Offline friar tuck

Attempted Break In
« on: July 14, 2007, 21:16:02 PM »
I have just received an email from friends here in UK who own the apartment next to mine in Üzmülü, there son and his girlfriend were woken at 3 am by two men trying to break in one was armed with a knife, they managed to scare them off but a villa close by was also broken in to and they robbed the occupants of money and other property whilst they were in bed. I do not want to be alarmist but people must be on there guard and make sure that your property is secure before you go to bed, I for one will be sleeping with a baseball bat next to my bed in future.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 21:17:58 PM by friar tuck »

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 23:02:58 PM »
Why are burglar alarms not popular in Turkey?
We brought the kit over last year after our break in while we were in bed and fitted it. At least if someone breaks in now while we are in bed we will be woken & burglars will be detered. (hopefully)

Offline Eric

Attempted Break In
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:58:32 AM »
Alarms on all the windows, window locks, dog that has free roam of the house, stun gun one side of the bed, ice axe the other side, does it for me : :)

Eric

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bewva

Why are burglar alarms not popular in Turkey?
We brought the kit over last year after our break in while we were in bed and fitted it. At least if someone breaks in now while we are in bed we will be woken & burglars will be detered. (hopefully)

Sorry in advance... can't resist it any longer........ ;)

Is that similar to fitting a 'Chastity belt' [?][?] Chandeliers still do it for most of us....:D:D ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »
There is a British guy who arranges to fit wireless alarms. I think he lives in Uzumlu. Those who live there will probably know who I am talking about.

I think the best option is to pay about £100 at B&Q and take it over yourself. I fitted my own at home a few years ago and it's a doddle. Wireless and solar powered.

The problem is if they go off whilst you are back home in the UK your next door neighbour will probably teach it how to swim!

ps - in no way am I recommending the guy from Uzumlu!!! I just know he's doing this business from there.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:19:23 PM by stoop »

Offline wickwilly

Attempted Break In
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 18:38:07 PM »
I have the phone number of a Turkish guy who fits wireless alarm systems.They include downstairs and upstairs sensors as well as door alarms and a siren that you could probably hear in Fethiye!!The system calls your phone either here or the UK, if there is a problem, and you can switch it off and on by using the phone.Thereby not annoying the neighbours. It has a standby battery system that last for 17 hours in case of power cuts (handy for Uzumlu) We paid 600 YTL for the package,including fiting and can give the phone number to anyone interested.

WW

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 18:48:37 PM »
I would be more worried about losing my television than the wireless,
and what about valuables such as wallets, cameras, etc.

Tink

Offline mikew

Attempted Break In
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 19:01:55 PM »
Without wishing to state the obvious does anybody think about fitting alarms and safes,concreting the safes in.They do some good models at Erin Spot & the locksmith on the oneway system near to the Beko shop

Offline somine-kebap

Attempted Break In
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 19:52:27 PM »
If you go to any of the veterinery surgeries in town, you can buy a plastic sign that you can fix to your entrance gate or windows. It's written in Turkish and says "Beware of the Dog".

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 20:29:51 PM »
 :)Thats an economic deterrent, and a barking tape recording to go with it. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf