Author Topic: Cement Factory Press Conference  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Firo

Cement Factory Press Conference
« on: November 09, 2007, 13:07:00 PM »
Having returned yesterday from a joint meeting of the Turkish Working Party and the Ex-pat committee, we have had it confirmed in writing from Ankara, via Mugla,that Urantas have been told that the Cement Factory cannot go ahead in this area and they cannot apply again for permission :D(this is the 4th year they have requested permission).
It is thought that the Lime Kiln will go the same way, eventually, but in the meantime our lawyer is starting procedings against the Lime Kiln as the first case and then the quarry for the 2nd case.
It is thought at this moment in time a court case against the Cement Factory is not required.
To this end a press conference has been called to announce our victory against the Cement Factory on Sat 17th Nov at 11am in the Tea house opposite the mosque in Uzumlu.
Can I call upon everyone to turn out to show their support and to get the message across that Industry does not belong in a rural community and that all of us will continue to fight on till all the plans have been turned down.
I look forward to seeing many of you then and thanks to all the ex-pat committee members for their hard work to date and in the future months.
Fund raising is still to continue to fund the legal fight.
Good news for all concerned :D
Fi

Offline nicko

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 16:18:26 PM »
Excellent news Fi, thanks to you all out there for the hard work and determination, we know it's not over until the lawyers bills are all paid!! but this is the most positive news so far and should satisfy even the cynics. (but I know it won't)

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:28:43 AM »
Excellent news well done all concerned and a very BIG thank you for all your hard work.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 11:14:16 AM »
Great news well done to all , see you all soon when back in Uzumlu Calvin

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 13:17:15 PM »
Thats great news.  Thanks to everyone out there who has been working so hard.  Wish we had been there to help.  [:X][:X][:X]

Offline Brandi

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 14:27:08 PM »
Well done for all your hard work and determined effort.  I am sure both locals and ex pats in the immediate and surrounding areas will be delighted.

Offline Don

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 14:43:33 PM »
Well done to all concerned a great result, many thanks!!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 17:22:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Having returned yesterday from a joint meeting of the Turkish Working Party and the Ex-pat committee, we have had it confirmed in writing from Ankara, via Mugla,that Urantas have been told that the Cement Factory cannot go ahead in this area and they cannot apply again for permission :D(this is the 4th year they have requested permission).
It is thought that the Lime Kiln will go the same way, eventually, but in the meantime our lawyer is starting procedings against the Lime Kiln as the first case and then the quarry for the 2nd case.
It is thought at this moment in time a court case against the Cement Factory is not required.
To this end a press conference has been called to announce our victory against the Cement Factory on Sat 17th Nov at 11am in the Tea house opposite the mosque in Uzumlu.
Can I call upon everyone to turn out to show their support and to get the message across that Industry does not belong in a rural community and that all of us will continue to fight on till all the plans have been turned down.
I look forward to seeing many of you then and thanks to all the ex-pat committee members for their hard work to date and in the future months.
Fund raising is still to continue to fund the legal fight.
Good news for all concerned :D
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf