Author Topic: Latest news on Cement Factory  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Don

Latest news on Cement Factory
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »
Same here Fi, sent you an email earlier this week but no reply did you receive it ? Don

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »
Crazy chic said she had emailed me last week and I haven't received anything.  I then emailed her to say that I haven't recieved a message and I haven't heard back from her......[?]

Offline Firo

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 11:51:09 AM »
No emails received via CBF...
Scunner have just emailed you so have you received it?
If not can I put my email addy on this thread?
Cheers
Fi

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
OK I have spotted the problem [:o]

I have asked for the host to make changes to allow member to member private emails back. Changes were made to prevent nasty folk from spamming using our email addresses (changes made by the host, not me). Hopefully we'll be back to normal today.

In the meantime, Fi (or Eric, can you get separate CBF member accounts so we know who we are talking to!!!) if you send the document to me I will sort out a temporary (or maybe permanent) way of distributing this document.

Please send it to keith@ then the CB website address  ;)

Offline carlan

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 15:15:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I've sent some test emails and the system seems fine, but I too have emailed a couple of forum members and didn't get a reply.

Can a few of you email me via my profile, and post a note in this thread to say you did so  :)

Thanks

Sent one!! :D

Yeah, I know, too late, [8)] problem sorted!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 15:17:43 PM by carlan »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 13:28:07 PM »
There's a very good article in 'The Turkish Daily News' today "Seafront view - Fethiye" Worth a read  :)

Offline Susan1

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »
Bit confused now, about what he is building, is it still the factory we are talking about, or is he going to build houses etc.

Susan

Offline Firo

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »
He is building or trying to build a mini cement factory and a Lime kiln...nothing has ever been mentioned about houses.
Everyone says that it is not possible to build an industrial site in the forestry but as he owns 2 hectares of land (surrounded by forestry) that is his argument and he also has friends in VERY high places in the Turkish government.
One rule for us and another rule for those connected you could say [:(!]:(
Fi

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 15:06:58 PM »
This is an interesting but hardly surprising twist. All I have ever said on these threads (and please remember I have lived in Uzumlu for nearly 2 years) is that if the Turks want a factory (or a kiln or a housing development)they will get a factory, or a kiln or a housing development. We may not like it and we may want to fight it but at the end of the day this is their country, their rules and their way of doing business. Very sad but true.

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 18:00:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

This is an interesting but hardly surprising twist. All I have ever said on these threads (and please remember I have lived in Uzumlu for nearly 2 years) is that if the Turks want a factory (or a kiln or a housing development)they will get a factory, or a kiln or a housing development. We may not like it and we may want to fight it but at the end of the day this is their country, their rules and their way of doing business. Very sad but true.

Not always the case chris

Quoted from the Okcular website www.okcular.net Without consultation with the villagers the company had obtained licenses that were a death sentence to many of our orchards, our beautiful valley and our way of life. With determination and guidance from professionals we have succeeded in saving Kocadere Valley, our farms and our livlihoods.

Projects are being put together to repair some of the damage done when an access road was smashed into the entrance of Kocadere. Native trees, bought from grants and donations will be planted by local children who will learn a little more about the importance of loving and caring for our environment. Already Mother Nature is repairing some of the insult done to her in the name of money, it will take time, but time is a great healer.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 18:02:11 PM by friar tuck »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf