Author Topic: Electric meters  (Read 9282 times)

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:24:08 AM »
Hello all

i have introduced myself quite a while ago, but once again my name is Mark and I have built a villa in Uzumulu close to the village, my friend built one at same time on a plot next to me. we both used same builder, they were completed last April, since then I have been concerned that we only have One electric meter which supplies both villas, the builder tells me this is normal till electric company allow seperate supplies and and seperate meters, which he says can be up to another 2 years, in the mean while a bill comes to me and we have to kind of split what our usage is between the 2 villas.

I am still argueing with builder and told him this is not right, we bought seperate plots of land, both with builing permission which obviously includes power and water supplies.

Is anybody else in this situation, or has been in this situation as the buider says this is standard practice in Uzumulu.

Rgds

Mark

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Electric meters
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:53:43 AM »
Do you have your TAPUs yet? If you have, are the plot numbers different?

Offline batman

Electric meters
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
Hi Mark, I have a semi detached villa near the centre of the village, it was built 5 years ago. We have one supply from the electricity pole but have seperate meters for each villa, but it only one plot divided in half with each owner havinbg TAPU for 50% ownership. If you have seperate plots you should have seperate supplies and this would proberly have happened if there were two seperate builders, sounds if he's trying it on to save himself a paying for two supplies. Perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to explain how to get another supply put in and how much ! Did you have a contract? Good luck. Paul.

Offline mark swift

Electric meters
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 13:13:35 PM »
yes seperate TAPUs and we do have them, and yes both seperate plots

quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

Do you have your TAPUs yet? If you have, are the plot numbers different?

Offline Firo

Electric meters
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 12:47:55 PM »
You should have seperate meters if you have seperate Tapus and plot numbers.
Fi

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 14:07:39 PM »
Dear Mark, the builder is lieing but hey there is no such thing in Turkey as standard practice!We are in a complex of 9 villas - none of the 9 centrally located meters relate to the appropriate house! Our bill for our electric usage comes in a neighbours name! I have tried to sort out the problem for the past 18 months but without success. I now just live with it and pay our bill but in someone elses name! If the builder won't help you could try to find an approved electrician to install a separate meter - but you will end up paying. Welcome to the joys of Turkish life!!! Good Luck

Offline friar tuck

Electric meters
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 14:53:05 PM »
I have an apartment in Üzümlü on a complex of 10 which were built on 2 plots we have all had our own meter's from day one plus a depot for communal electric the builder is pulling your wotsit !!

Offline carlan

Electric meters
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 14:53:56 PM »
Hey, mr Tippet, how ya doin', where've you been all this time? :D

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 19:16:12 PM »
Dear Carlan, I'm fine. I've been hibernating in front of the fire and watching Sky! Happy New Year to you.

Offline carlan

Electric meters
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 19:26:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Dear Carlan, I'm fine. I've been hibernating in front of the fire and watching Sky! Happy New Year to you.

Nowhere nicer than the fireside when the winter is upon us! :)
Happy New Year to you too Mr Tippet. Take care.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf