Author Topic: Not Looking Good!!!  (Read 2882 times)

Offline carlan

Not Looking Good!!!
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »
Uzumlu Cement Factory Protest - Latest
Oh dear, this isn't the best of news, puts us in a pickle that's for sure!!! It's 'do we', don't we' now:(

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/

Offline batman

Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 16:26:05 PM »
Hi Just read the artical by Fiona, it's unreal, does the Mula official not have to take any notice of what the govenment say or is it that's it's not the right department !!! please keep up the good work. Paul.

Offline scorcher

Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 17:43:11 PM »
yes,a very clear and concise piece from Fiona for which many thanks. A very worrying turn of events.Trying to find more info from local sources and it would be very prudent to keep our collective eyes on the ball! An awful lot at stake here for the affected parties . Am in Uzumlu 11th-14th February and hoping for better news...... .

Offline carlan

Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 01:06:42 AM »
The olive growing law alone should see off any cement factory, surely the powers that be will have to take notice. This from the Olu Deniz Post
http://www.oludenizpost.com/haberdetay.asp?id=1119

Offline Firo

Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:49 AM »
The latest news is that the report needed to prove the measurements to the nearest olive fields are to be redone this coming week.We have asked when, so that it can be seen to be measured correctly, but they will not give us this information "they fear we might attack them!  :o
It seems our mass protest visit and the resulting publicity have had the desired outcome and we now await the results of the CED report. If done correctly it should stop the project but, as you are all seeing, things are never as simple and clear as they should be.
If the report gives the wrong measurements again we then have a case to take to the courts.
We will not give up and that is the clear message I give to every official I meet on your behalf's.
Thanks
Fiona

Offline Firo

Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:46:11 AM »
I also forgot to tell you all that our Baskan (Uzumlu mayor) and the village Muhtas are in direct contact with Halil Uran (Urantas) and are putting up the original denial in the village in the hope that locals will think its all finished and give up.
We are telling villagers that it is still a threat and that the notice is not relevant.
If you know your Muhta please make your feelings known. They are the village representatives and should be fighting alongside the villagers.
Thanks
Fiona

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Not Looking Good!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 06:04:35 AM »
Having just read the report in todays Fethiye Times regarding the health aspects involved here, I wonder if writing to the World Health Organization would be beneficial.[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf