Author Topic: Uzumlu Cement Factory Meetings  (Read 9714 times)

Offline alec

Uzumlu Cement Factory Meetings
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 20:31:52 PM »
I was at a meeting with the lawyer.  From what I can gather the court experts are setting out from Mu&gla around ten or so; so the best plan seems to be to meet at the turning for Koru köy and the quarry (near the restaurant where the breakfast was)around one o'clock, and be prepared to wait around.  The more people and the more mixed local/foreign the better.  No placards, just numbers of people.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 20:50:44 PM »
Alec, what is an 'on-site court hearing'??!! Will it be conducted exclusively in Turkish and will there be a translator present? Thanks

Offline Firo

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 22:06:22 PM »
Alec we were told 11am not 1pm by Anna & Ayhan and that is what we have told everyone on our mailing list.Can you check which it is.
Thanks
Fi

Offline Firo

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 22:11:18 PM »
Chris,
As it's a Turkish court I would expect it to be in Turkish. They are coming to look at the area & site and people are being asked to attend to show the strength of feeling against the proposal but not a protest as such.
There are a few of the Turkish committee that speak both languages so I imagine we will be able to get a translation of what is being said, but I would expect it will mainly involve the respective lawyers and the court officials.
I hope to see you there.
Fiona

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 23:37:42 PM »
So is it 11am or 1 pm , there sounds like there is some lack of comunication here ,!!!!!!!!!!!!life is to short to hang around for hours waiting for a glimps of some Turkish  lawyers to drive by, do we wave ,smile ,or what who is calling the tunes ?????

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 23:48:17 PM »
Need to know.  We have a busy day tomorrow and need to plan things.

Offline Firo

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 07:26:40 AM »
I am so sorry but we all had been told different times. Its now 09.20 and we have just been called to say they are leaving Fethiye to come here now!
If you make it great but if not apologies for the confusion but the officials concerned did not give us a clear time.
thanks
Fi

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
Oh blimey!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 08:56:47 AM »
Uh, I'm sorry I went to where we had breakfast, -no one there.  So I went to Incirkoy, followed my nose through to the market.  Couldnt find anything that looked like a meeting.  Retraced steps through and took a side turning and ended up back in Uzumlu by the back road.  Sorry, that's the first time I have been to Incircoy.....

I hope it went well bt its a real shame things were so disjointed. :(

Offline alec

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
Yes, things were disjointed and I sympathise with anyone who went haring around the countryside and didn't find anyone (but you saw Incirköy for the first time and that can't be bad)BUT: in any other circumstances you'd have been happy that something started early not late. You asked what an on-site court hearing was: court officials and experts come in a sort of mobile courtroom minibus and inspect the scene - I experienced the same thing once when I was involved in a traffic accident where someone was injured.  Today they were very attentive and sympathetic I'm told, and went round looking at the quarry/factory site, the nearby olive trees, and the also nearby Incirköy village.  The fact that they were followed by a good number of people (Incirköy had organised a minibus) was a good thing.  More detailed report later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf