Author Topic: Uzumlu Cement Factory Meetings  (Read 9667 times)

Offline Firo

Uzumlu Cement Factory Meetings
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 17:46:38 PM »
Thank you Montana for your offer of a contribution in August and your support. You can rest assurred that those expats involved will do everything we can to stop it.
Please contact me when you come over and we can arrange to meet up with you.
Fi

Offline suec

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 12:22:25 PM »
Sorry Fi that we did not get to the meeting, we didnt see the e-mail until this week. We are still waiting to get on the net, still having to use the internet cafe. Hopefuly we will make the next one. We would like to offer our support whenever we can.
Regards
Sue

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 16:33:22 PM »
Does Sun Express News know something we dont!??   Mandy Hughes on Life in Fethiye says " We have been told that the cement factory is not going ahead and this is being confirmed by documents that will be published very soon. Many residents there will be delighted at this news and I am happy it will conclude the long battle between the residents and the company in question ".  Any comments!!??

Offline Firo

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 16:50:00 PM »
Total rubbish...believe you me if this was the case our lawyer would have told us and we would have told all of you.
There are rumours going around to try and get us folks to think its all over and put our feet up but they are just rumours. The courts will make the decision based on our case and the visit they made here 3 weeks ago and we have been told we should hear something in 2 to 3 months.
When we do I will imform everyone immeadiately.
Shame she didn't check her facts before printing but I guess thats journalists for you.
Fi

Offline peecee

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 17:05:10 PM »
Perhaps we aught to ask Mandy where she got her information from?

Offline Firo

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 17:11:56 PM »
I have just emailed them asking for her source and setting them right. If she has no proof as I expect I have asked her to correct the info in a follow up article.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf