Author Topic: Robbers in Uzumlu  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 12:42:12 PM »
All this kicked off at about 10pm I think.  Carried on till 1am.  So nothing to do with that poor girl.  How vile.  I hope the creep gets caught.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 13:44:34 PM »
 :o:(  That poor girl.  Thank goodness you came along Calvin.  Hope she is OK....

Offline peecee

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 20:35:07 PM »
Isn't this a bit odd for Turkey?  One of the reasons I moved out here was because I thought this was a reasonably safe place.  A few days ago I heard someone walking on the gravel outside the front of my house (I live here by myself but with dog)  Unfortunately there are no street lights (no street in fact, on the hill off the Old Denizly Road, no neighbours etc.) Was spooked but couldn't see anything because it was pitch black but know someone was there.  I thought things like this were far and few between.  Perhaps the Western world is catching up with life here.  Sad.

Offline Glenn66

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 21:13:39 PM »
Peecee you are worrying me!Please buy some outdoor lighting,solar powered etc.The bad guys (if it was one) will always think twice about a property that looks "switched on" in every sense.
Glenn

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 21:31:32 PM »
Hopefully it was the police doing patrols. You definitely not sit back assuming that Turkey is a safe place. you can never be certain. Invest a little money in some security lighting as Glenn suggests.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 23:34:15 PM »
Yes, it could well have been the Jandarma.  Security lighting, a good idea.  Plus a powerful torch.

Offline peecee

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
Thanks guys but have security lights, outside lights and a powerful torch.  It was the security light coming on that alerted me.  Definitely not the Jandarma because they don't come up to my neck of the woods (or hill!)  After the attempted breakin last year (again alerted by dog/lights) have security bars on first floor as well but still a bit scary.  Think an electric fence might be the next thing!!  Still feel sad that this is happening.

Offline hamilton

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »
You only have to look at the old Turkish house with the iron bars around the windows to realise security has always been a major issue.
we had a security unfortunately it was suffering from a technical problem at the time of our break in. the thieves were not to know the system was u/s it was all lit up and had the flashing lights on as normal. it was completely ignored by the thieves. Were they reckless, plain stupid, or maybe knew the system was u/s????
The system is back up and running now, when the siren goes off it is very loud, it is meant to be as the area we will can be sparsley populated and that depends also on the time of the year. Ihave had one complaint from a neighbor regarding the volume, needless to say he did not investigate why the alarm was being sounded. I would like to thank Robert & Freddie who did respond to the alarm. If everybody responded in a likewise manner perhaps the little buggars could be caught. As expats out here we are at times isolated and the action taken by neighbors is very important.  
thanks to Robert & Freddie we will act in a likewise manner should your alarm be sounded.
Tony

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 22:34:20 PM »
Jandarma have been round our bit twice tonight with their red and blue lights going.  I would find their presence reassuring except for the fact that seeing them makes me worried they are actually after someone rather than just keeping an eye.  

Has there been anything going on tonight or in the last few days?  I ask because we have been i this villa for a year.  In that time we have had 3 evenings where the Jandarma have been round here, one of those times was tonight and one was on saturday.  SO, it is a .lot for us in a short time.

Offline The Crinklies

Robbers in Uzumlu
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 05:54:28 AM »
The Jandarma are also out on foot patrol in the village and came down to us again last night. They do seem to be making more effort to be visable and seem to have 'stepped up' their presence. We find this reassuring in light of what has been going on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf