Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
ADSL
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »
Not good again this morning, Grrr.

Offline saoirse

ADSL
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »
Rindaloo, dont know if you got my email but many thanx for lift, you are both very kind. Jacqui and Philip

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
ADSL
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
Oh sorry S but yes I did get your mail.  This internet trouble has been a pain.  It was our pleasure.  Looking forward to seeing you next time you are out.  :)

Offline bikerchickblonde

ADSL
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 13:31:53 PM »
Got a neighbour who is IT man to fix my internet this morning!  If anyone wants his email address I can get him to sort for you!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
ADSL
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 16:06:05 PM »
What did he do?  Reason I ask is, it seems to be a few of us that is affected, so I assume it is something only TTNet can do.

Offline bikerchickblonde

ADSL
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 16:30:07 PM »
Apparently, because the internet keeps going on and off, the computer needs resetting somehow and mine is now ok!

Offline Firo

ADSL
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 16:37:40 PM »
When the internet goes off your computer does not need resetting.....so it begs the question of what he did? Guess you paid him.
Ttnet are aware of the problems and they are working on it. Has been lots better yesterday & today so hopefully its getting better for everyone.
If the internet goes down nothing & no-one can connect you to it no matter how much of a IT wizz they are until its back up and running and then you just fire up your pc or laptop as normal.
Fi

Offline peecee

ADSL
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 17:12:51 PM »
It seems odd to me that, according to my computer, the internet connection tells me it is excellent (54mbps) which isn't excellent for broadband but hey ho!  I got to the stage where I was wondering if it actually MSN who had the problem (homepage).  Yahoo seemed to fire up more quickly.  Think I'll contact my son who is a computer whizz-kid.

Offline Firo

ADSL
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 17:17:20 PM »
Peecee, it's not MSN its the connections to the internet. It has been rubbish since the earthquake last Tues. Some days there was no connection other days it was soooo slow to load most of us gave up.
TTnet say they are having to renew the cables as there are too many users for the size of cable. Hopefully it seems to be getting better now.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf