Author Topic: man/woman with van  (Read 13698 times)

Offline kylkimry

man/woman with van
« on: July 31, 2008, 17:56:38 PM »
is there anyone in Uzumlu, who would like to earn a few quid for taking a couple of very nice people to tespos to get a load of provisions, when we come there in september, we are a party of 10 so would need a lot of drink food etc, i have been informed that we would save loads of dosh by going here,?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 20:14:51 PM by kylkimry »

Offline calvin 1949

man/woman with van
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:40:43 AM »
Morning Jon , you can get most things in Uzumlu ,for the first few days i should relax and then see what you need ,Tespo is ok but it doesnt have all the things that you will need , the loads of dosh you save could be outwayed by the cost of transport as i say if i was you i would chill out for a couple of days buy localy and then decide what you will need ,there are a lot of helpful guys out here who will show you round . iwould have a drink in the wine house on the first night you will be suprised how much information you will obtain ,Regards Calvin

Offline mikew

man/woman with van
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more, chill out for the first couple of days & then see what you really need.

Offline kylkimry

man/woman with van
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
good idea, its just that ive been told different things about the village, IE the price, and the variation of things, thanks for the advice.

Offline saoirse

man/woman with van
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
The price difference on most groceries etc is minimal. Indeed on certain items we have even found the odd saving.

Offline kylkimry

man/woman with van
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
great news, could you advise on the best places to go to fill our beer fridge, and our food fridge.

Offline calvin 1949

man/woman with van
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »
Why do you have to go down that road Eric ?Kylkimry  is coming for a holiday he doesnt want to get mixed up in local politics!! and this is my opinion !!!!!,as i said before chill out for the few days and make your own desisions about where too or where not to buy Regards Calvin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
man/woman with van
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 12:20:11 PM »
I would say the butchers/grocers didn't do himself any favours when he sold us steak that was so tough it might have been horse.  Trouble is we paid steak price for it.  Won't be using him again.

Offline peecee

man/woman with van
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 15:11:02 PM »
I would agree with Rindaloo re: butchers/grocers, he is expensive for groceries (10 ytl for kitchen roll!)and meat is not good.  And the other shops have a very limited selection (in my opinion).  If there are 10 in the party, and I assume there are children, then surely it is easier to stock up at the beginning for water,milk, soft drinks, nibbles, necessities and beers etc?  When you can buy an Efes in Tespo for 1.60ytl but get charged 2.40/2.50 in the village then the saving will be worth it. And who wants to have to nip to the shops every 2 minutes because you run out of something and then lug it back to the villa?  Not my idea of a relaxing holiday!
John, let me know your arrival date and if I'm around I'll nip you down so long as you don't spend all day there!

Offline Eric

man/woman with van
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 15:22:58 PM »
I have deleted my reply as it obviously caused offence.  At meetings, no comments regarding shops, have been made by myself as those who have attended will verify.  In no way have I ever dictated to people what to do, all that has ever been asked is for support from everyone to maintain the village and valley as it stands now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf