Author Topic: Turkish Weddings  (Read 6728 times)

Offline chris tippett

« on: August 24, 2008, 19:10:09 PM »
Here I sit on my veranda sipping a refreshing glass of delicious Pimms, minding my own business, and bloody hell more late night music coming from the centre! Yet another wedding - surely not? Have the Turks got nothing better to do than get married? This summer are they going for the Olympic wedding record? Could they not have a nice, quiet ceremony and if they must make music could they not let rip in the afternoon - and preferably about 20 miles from Uzumlu!
I do wonder if we Brits asked the authorities here to hold a late night party, with loud music, what the response would be?!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 19:15:38 PM »
Maybe they can change all their traditions to suit Brits like you Chris.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 19:19:13 PM »
You ARE joking Chris, -aren't you???

I think its lovely.  I will miss it when it all stops.  Went to one last week, a 2 day affair and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 19:50:48 PM »
Scunner, that's a great idea! Cricket on the green, red busses to replace dolmuses, a decent pint of bitter, puddings, mandatory English speakers in all shops, crap football teams, Christmas, steam trains -that'll do for a start!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 20:12:09 PM »
I do get the joke, I just wonder if our Turkish members will find it funny - or just confirm their suspicions about some ex-pats in Turkey.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 21:22:14 PM »
Scunner, what makes you think I'm joking?!I'm sure many Turks living in uk or wherever miss many things about their homeland - there's nothing funny or unusual about that. I wonder what suspicions Turks have about some of us Brits?
Scunner, on a different matter I bet many on here, like me, wonder how it is you respond so quickly to comments? Are you, by chance, wired up permanently to your computer, so even when asleep, you are somehow immediately awoken for that instant response! I just might try you out some time with a 4am post to see how quickly you reply!!!!

Offline Firo

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 21:38:26 PM »
Will not seem the same when the singing every night stops  serenading us to sleep but I guess we can then look forward to the early morning wake up call at 3.30am of the drummer during Sept.:D:D
Apparently it is considered bad luck to get married during Ramadan hence this months frenzy of weddings.
Fi

Offline calvin 1949

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 21:40:12 PM »
In one of them moods again Chris !!!!!only another half hour  and you can get your head down ready for a hard days sunbathing . Regards Calvin

Offline wickwilly

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 21:51:22 PM »
I think the noise from the weekend weddings is quite tuneful. Just wait till the drummer starts every morning in September for Ramazan at approx 0330 hours!!!!.

WW

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 22:14:55 PM »
No, no, no WW, 'weekend weddings' don't exist here.  We have wall to wall weddings, LOL.  I certainly don't remember this many last y ear.  Love it though.  AND I am looking forward to the Ramadan drummer too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf