Author Topic: Turkish Weddings  (Read 6727 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 22:23:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Scunner, that's a great idea! Cricket on the green, red busses to replace dolmuses, a decent pint of bitter, puddings, mandatory English speakers in all shops, crap football teams, Christmas, steam trains -that'll do for a start!

Why not just move back to the UK?

Offline mr efes

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 22:33:17 PM »
forgive me for being so outspoken, being a new member and all that, but i have to say stoop i agree with you, after all surley most of us come to turkey to enjoy their culture, those of us who don't appreciate where we are perhaps should get back on a plane to rainy england.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 22:41:12 PM »
Shhhhhh.  Stop arguing, stop it please.  Scunner will notice and slap our wrists.  Please just smile  :-\

Offline bikerchickblonde

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 00:38:31 AM »
It's most peculiar!  All the people I have know and meet in Uzumlu love it here!  But most on the forum appear to hate it .... perhaps they ought to get out more and get away from their computers??   They are just SOOO miserable!   Baah humbug to weddings, restaurants, people they meet??? ....... seems to be mostly men ..... GRUMPY OLD MEN??? Could we possibly fill a plane load??

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »
There are more weddings than normal at the moment because there won't be any in September during the month of Ramadan. Also the schools are are popular venue for very large weddings and usually coincide with school holidays.  There were several here in Fethiye on Saturday.....personally we love to watch and listen. :)

Offline dycedon

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »
Chris, if you like all things british, EASY move back to the UK, know where i would rather be, try joining in the wedding, the turkish people wont mind.

Offline kylkimry

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 07:28:07 AM »
im coming out there in september, i dont like the thought of being woke up by a drummer at 03:30 everyday of my hols.
perhaps he has got a van and can take me to the supermarket when he has finished drumming?

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
Better go to Spain then  :)

Offline calvin 1949

Turkish Weddings
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:33 AM »
Perhaps he can drum up custom for the supermarket,!!!!!!soon get used to it ,blends in nicely with the cockrels ,dogs and goats ,enjoy it , it is better than drunken yobs roaming the streets when the clubs kick out in the Uk. you could always stay up and go to bed when he,s done Regards Calvin
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:50:47 AM by calvin 1949 »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Turkish Weddings
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »
Good point Calvin.  When I was back in the UK recently it all came back to me: the boy racers and the sound of smashing bottles, not to mention the front garden being used as a toilet.  Turkey here in Uzumlu is so much more 'real life'.

And don't lets get into a debate as to what 'real life' means.  I think most people would understand what I am getting at.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:44:07 AM by Rindaloo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf