Author Topic: Ever felt like a pillock  (Read 6382 times)

Offline bikerchickblonde

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:04:55 AM »
Calvin... you must learn to take life more seriously!   You are not here to enjoy yourself!![:X]

Offline calvin 1949

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 17:38:27 PM »
Dam going out tonight to not enjoy myself!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 17:41:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bikerchickblonde

Calvin... you must learn to take life more seriously!   You are not here to enjoy yourself!![:X]

Yeah, tighten up man!

Offline calvin 1949

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 18:48:27 PM »
Im a Yorkshireman cant tighten up any more,i squeak now. long pockets and short arms if you Know what i mean??
wife can only have one beer tonight!! unless i can get someone else to buy one for her ,or else she will have to share mine.Calvin

Offline calvin 1949

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 18:07:25 PM »
Went back to Kas again today to sort  out Visa the problem last time was that we had two months left on our old one,the still today did not want to give us a new one,until Sello sorted it for us.What a great Guy ,You must meet him Chris it could renew your faith in mankind. the moral of the story is check  your new visa is there before leaving Kas , the good thing about today found a great beach for a swim on the way back .Cant tell you where its a secret!! Regards Calvin

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 18:33:15 PM »
Kaputas[?].........Also nearby is Mavi Magara, but you can't see that from the road. :)

Offline calvin 1949

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 18:40:31 PM »
Still Not telling!!!! Calvin

Offline manubrian

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
There is a serious point here; the cost of yearly residency as opposed to renewing a 3 month visitor visa. When i came to Turkey 5 years ago I was told I needed residency before I could buy property and have a telephone installed. I have never been asked to produce it for any other reason and after the first year don't see that it has any value (other than having to be renewed less often than the 3 month visa). As long as you are careful about renewing your visitors visa regularly it is a much cheaper option than buying residency.

Incidentally, I have been told that recent increases in the cost of residency have been imposed as a result of increases by the UK government to charges made to Turkish citizens living in UK. If this is the case, perhaps we should be lobbying the UK government to stop making our lives here in Turkey more difficult and expensive!

Brian.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
if you renew yearly it will be more expensive, get a longer term residency, 3 or 5 years

Offline Diverbaz 1

Ever felt like a pillock
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 17:38:39 PM »

Taken from Fethiye Times this week, break of down costs of trip to Meis, bus fare 12Ytl each way, boat fare 40Ytl, visa 15euro (approx 28Ytl) Total 92Ytl x 4 = 368Ytl/year.
Cost of residency approx 500Ytl/year.

A saving of 132Ytl/year or 33Ytl per trip. Then add 4 days of your life.

Thats not including anything else you spend that you would not spend had you not done the trip, ie duty free.(unless it's Jack Daniels you don't save that much)

Plus you have no choice, you have to leave the country come wind, rain, high winds or rough seas.

It's residency for me, cheaper in the long run.

Baz 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf