Author Topic: Uzumlu Forum - Does Nothing For Me  (Read 8968 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Uzumlu Forum - Does Nothing For Me
« on: September 23, 2008, 20:20:06 PM »
This is the CALIS BEACH FORUM and the Uzumlu subsection was added because I was asked to consider adding it by members who were from the Uzumu area.

If you want to keep criticising the way the team run it, go ahead and I'll ditch it. Speaking honestly I've never experienced such a concentrated collection of paranoid people, full of opinions to force upon others, and bleating that non-Uzumlu types are out to undermine them and their part of the World. Does humour evaporate half way up the hill?

One last time, if you object to the way things are run, don't come. If you want the Uzumlu section to continue in the way it has for the last couple of days, trust me that will not be happening.

The only reason I haven't deleted it is because of the good people that are up there. How they live with the rest of you is beyond me.

My suggestion as always is that if you don't like it, set up your own one. I have no reason to have an Uzumlu section on here at all and wouldn't miss it one bit.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 20:28:21 PM »
Please Mr Scunner Sir, don't let a couple of 'wombles' ruin it for the rest of us.  Some of us are decent people who go about our own lives, just love Turkey, its people and its culture.  We have met some wonderful people through this forum, have been guided and helped out on numerous occasions by the generousity of members.  We love the banter and the humour.  So please don't cut us off......:(:(

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 20:42:00 PM »
:D So Scun. does that mean the northeners and non residents, and those of us who like a bit of banter, are still safe,sorry I hav'nt lived there for 5 years, (cant afford it) but being a visitor for 20 years along with many others hopefully just about qualifies us.:P If not they can sue me. ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 21:09:53 PM »
From what I have read in the Uzumlu forum Laffs, your opinion is not important because you don't live here so you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't worry, Northerners, non-residents and us banter types will always be welcome :D

Offline starman

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 21:19:36 PM »
quote:
I live here and have done so the past 5 years. mankubrian

So you have been here for 5 minutes. Mike A has been mooching around here since the 60's and even though I have been here for nearly 20 years I still reckon he has lots of things to contribute where I couldnt, even if he does live in the UK.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:00:45 AM by starman »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 22:01:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

From what I have read in the Uzumlu forum Laffs, your opinion is not important because you don't live here so you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't worry, Northerners, non-residents and us banter types will always be welcome :D

:D At least we know how to laugh, well you could bowl me over with a pea.[^]

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 08:48:32 AM »
Your warning about ditching the Uzumlu forum seems a bit drastic to me Scunner,we are all aware that the Uzumlu forum,along with the Ovacik,Hisaronu,and all the other,for want of a better description,minor forums,are on CBF through your kind indulgence,and we all appreciate that fact.
I directed the question to the gentleman who seems to have been the cause of all the unrest as to whether his views were endorsed by the rest of the members in Uzumlu,did'nt get a reply,might have been because the topic was locked.
Without wishing to drag the issue up again,my spin on the situation was that he considered that the Uzumlu forum had taken unfair flak from people who did'nt live their,or indeed people who did'nt live in Turkey,and,rightly,or wrongly,decided to take up the cudgels on their behalf.
I believe that a lot of members from Uzumlu were a bit retiscent about joining the fray,from making comments that might be construed as being being inflammatory. I believe that only one member was knocking the manner in which the team runs it.As you so rightly point out you have'nt deleted it because of the good people who live there.The good people are in the majority,so why should these good people suffer for the actions of a few.
I,and probably a lot of the silent majority of members am frankly taken aback by your threat,sorry mate,that's how I read it,to be honest bully boy tacticts.I'me gobsmacked.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »
No threats, no "bully boy tactics", this is a place I set up to be useful and fun. If people are going to slag it off and cause problems, my life will be better without it. Maybe I should allow the (unpaid, voluntary) moderators to post the threatening, nasty emails manubrian sent them privately, then you can tell me why they bother giving their free time to keep this website going.

I'm always interested to read about the "views of the silent majority". The problem with people like manubrian is that they not only believe their perverse take on things, but they actually believe that 99% of their peers agree with them. Furthermore they insist on ramming their options into everyone in as many ways as they can, but email those who have an opposing view with threats like (and I quote) "Go away and keep your obnoxious opinios to yourself".

No threats, I need the hassle of the Uzumlu forum like the proverbial hole in the head, and while I'M paying for it, I'll choose to keep the sections that behave themselves.

If you don't like that, tough. Ultimately it's my money and I don't like to spend it on crap like that.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
"I,and probably a lot of the silent majority"

Why is it that anyone with an argument that is backed up by nobody claim to be be talking for the silent majority, presumptuous in the extreme I think.
If the silent majority cared enough, they would speak for themselves, or maybe they have, but their would be champions are not listening.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »
Well I can only speak of my own experiences but no-one has ever come up to me to make such a point. Only around 500 have come up to me to say how much they enjoy the forum - including many who say they never post but love it.

I'll evaluate CBF based on that. As Mike says, that's the problem with silent majorities, they only support anti-establishment views, but silently? Give me a break...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf