Author Topic: Uzumlu Forum - Does Nothing For Me  (Read 9041 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Uzumlu Forum - Does Nothing For Me
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
Scunner, I know that anything a person does, whether it be running a forum or raising money for charity, always takes far more time and trouble than anyone would realise.  I appreciate your efforts and enjoy this site.  

I have also realised that anything said it filleted and twisted.   So it seems pointless to continue.  Maybe the silent majority realise this too and have chosen to live in peace.

I understand the rules now.  If you live in Uzumlu, put up or shut up.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
Keith,  I see your point, and quite frankly I would feel the same.  I try to sit on the fence and not get involved in any slagging or sniping, and appreciate this forum for the positives and try to ignore the negatives. You and the mods do a fab job - and if manubrian has been a complete and utter EPKH, and put the Uzumlu section at risk, then so be it.  I certainly wouldn't want that sort of crap and agression thrown at me and my collegues.  But please, think about the rest of us good forum members who do behave ourselves [:X]:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:02 AM »
No Linda. The rules are not that. In fact, there aren't any special rules for people in Uzumlu. The main rules are be respectful to others and if you have any comments or suggestions make them in the correct way. As I see it, it's manubrian and you that have taken this extreme critical position on "outsiders" views not being welcome on Uzumlu. Neither of you have contributed a single thing as a viable proposal for making improvements. Just bleating about how hard done by you are in Uzumlu.

To me, you are like my kids - you are given something free and without obligation and it simply isn't enough for you. I'd love you to turn up at my house with a pie you've baked for me and see your face when I slag it off in every way I can think of.

I'm not sorry for the tone of my reply, no more will I sit back and let you people rip 5 years of my work apart. If it isn't for you, goodbye.

If anyone has any constructive ideas on how the forum can be improved, I'm always contactable via my profile.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
Thanks Pooks, I won't delete the Uzumlu forum. I decided that it is better to remove a couple of bad bricks rather than demolish the whole house. Too many good members from Uzumlu to let the minority likes of manubrian and Rindaloo destroy it. Unless they can get the fabled "silent majority" to talk of course.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »
[:X][:X]

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 10:15:48 AM »
But I haven't ripped 5 years of your work apart.  That's riduculous.  Show me where I have tried and managed to do that!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
Without trawling 205,000 posts, forgive me for being lazy and just go back one page to "So it seems pointless to continue" - I can't be bothered going deeper.

CBF not for you, I understand. It isn't put up or shut up" either - it's be pleasant when you post or don't post at all, and accept it for what it is or find it pointless to continue. Either way we'll still be here. Why people keep coming back just to criticise is completely lost on me.

For the record, I (and others) have taken the mickey out of Uzumlu. Oh, also Deliktas, Fethiye, Koca Calis, Karagozler, Ovacik, Calis, Ciftlik, Yaniklar, Hisaronu, Olu Deniz, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Essex, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Only certain members from Uzumlu appear to have taken such banter as a personal attack and I can't be bothered with that mentality anymore.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »
Oh hang on, I did upset people in Ovacik once when I said it was one road and a billion villas and could be done in half an hour by a tourist. I won't be saying that again  ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
Lol, sometimes the truth hurts........(I didn't like being called a HillyBillie particularly, but hey, I probably am to you city slickers !)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 11:07:54 AM »
I like Uzumlu.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf