Author Topic: Restaurants In Uzumlu  (Read 20690 times)

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 18:08:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Calvin...hasn't this subject already been covered before(quite contraversially) ;)

My favourite is the Camlik.
Great gardens and I know that they are about to start a refurb on the inside ready for the winter.
Fi

[:(
Has it ? thought that a discussion about ALL eateries in the Uzumlu area could be of assistance to visitors ,but as usual im wrong again!!!:-\:(

Offline goatman

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 18:09:52 PM »
Firo
from my understanding the camlik only has custom on do's organised by you. Maybe thats why you like it.

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 18:14:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by goatman

Firo
from my understanding the camlik only has custom on do's organised by you. Maybe thats why you like it.

Bit below the belt that :(

Offline goatman

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 18:26:41 PM »
calvin
depends on how low you think my belt is:Djust interested in peoples comments!!!:P: :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 18:27:10 PM by goatman »

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 19:05:59 PM »
Baz, all I am saying is that an opinion based on possibly one visit could be construed as dubious when compared to the views held by someone who has visited 50 times more.

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 19:10:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Saoirse,I assume from your description that you do not live in Turkey? To rubbish Musti's from perhaps one visit (?)is a joke. We have eaten there maybe 50+ times. Yes, the sevice can be slow but, hey, who's in a hurry here? To say his food is rubbish is just plain ignorant. I agree Musti's is not the Savoy Grill but for decent,consistent grub that offers value for money imo he still cannot be beaten in Uzumlu.
As ever the comments of people who do not live here, but seem impelled to impart their 'wisdom', should be viewed with some degree of suspicion

Chris. I call it as I find it. It was awful. I went on the reccommendation of people who had been there a lot more than me and can only describe what I found. If you check on the forum you will find many others had same problem. Just for the record if I live in Turkey, Ireland or Mars  it has no bearing on me voicing my opinion.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 19:25:57 PM »
Par for the course in here I'm afraid, only comment on Uzumlu if you live in Uzumlu. Unless it's positive of course?

Offline tillyfloss

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 19:35:55 PM »
We've eaten at the Camlik and have always had good food there [and good company].  It's not been when there's been a 'do' there either [though I believe they do an excellent job in raising funds for various causes].
For  good, cheap pide the little pide salonu [with the yellow door practically opposite the bakery] is very good.
Also the Sahili [hope I've spelt it right]has proven to be excellent.  Very pleasant staff.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 20:03:33 PM »
If someone only visits a place for 2 or 3 weeks a year how can that person's views (good or bad) be as relevant or as reliable as those of a resident? I think it is fair to say that Musti's has generally been regarded as the best place to eat though it would now appear that the Camlik is coming up fast on the rails.

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 20:25:44 PM »
Well I am there 3 months not weeks and as I say call it as you find it, good or bad

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf