Author Topic: Restaurants In Uzumlu  (Read 20393 times)

Offline goatman

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 20:27:16 PM »
i must be blind, stupid and dumb but who has said the camlik is good.
some people like the cadianda along with the wait!!!!!!!!!!!! others like the salihli ( no wait cheaper prices) try them yourselves and then comment on both. do not go to one and slag off the others. Each to their own!!

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 20:32:14 PM »
You are correct goatman
Anyway I like the wee cafe the best

Offline tillyfloss

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 20:35:47 PM »
Anyone tried Uzumhan lately?  I've heard that the staff have changed.  Is this true?

Offline elaina

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 21:12:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tillyfloss

Anyone tried Uzumhan lately?  I've heard that the staff have changed.  Is this true?

I sincerely hope they have.  When I was there in June we were charged £35.00 - yes £ for hard overcooked chicken kebabs for 5 people with a white bean and egg mixture in a pot, with some dried up salad and hard bread to take away - bargain -not!!  We arrived late and the family were hungry and it was the only place still open.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 21:14:07 PM by elaina »

Offline Firo

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 22:00:42 PM »
Goatman,

Below is your introduction...

"hello all, owned some land in uzumlu for a few years but waiting for cement factory outcome before i decide to build"

From that statement I presumed that you do not live here yet? As it says you are waiting to decide!
You seem very knowledgable for one that does not profess to live here and has not stated your name, where you are based
Etc on your profile. Why the mystery? Have you something to hide perhaps you had a different user name in the recent past?

How do you know so much? Why are you presuming that the Camlik
only has custom when I hold "do's" there? Do you attend my "do's". I am not the only person who uses the Camlik for holding "do's" to raise funds for good causes in Uzumlu!

I have stated that I like the Camlik. It has nothing to do with the fact that they help out occassionally with our fund raising efforts. I like it for the food, the staff and the gardens and very much so for the fact that the people who frequent are good honest folks and no back stabbing takes place there.

There have been many posts you have made that do not tie in with your "waiting to decide" statement and your reply to this thread have only confirmed my suspicions that you are not such an innocent party that you are trying to portray.

Yet again another direct personal attack on me that was totally unwarranted.
If you want to attack my motives for my recommendation
Name yourself and be honest and do not hide behind a psuedonim.

Fi
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:45:49 AM by Firo »

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 08:38:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

Hi calvin -  I think consistency is the problem here.....just when you think you can rely on one, they change the chef etc and it goes to pot !  But you chaps who live there permanently probably have a much better idea that us 'part timers' !!  (Did the Hexagon restaurant ever open again this summer ?)

heard on the grapevine Hexagon to open in November [^]

Offline geordieboy

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
I think scunner should make this forum password controlled solely for
Uzumlu members, as the attitude still seems to prevail amongst certain individuals that if you do'nt live there you should'nt express an opinion.We all know you live in a beautiful area of Turkey
and defend any criticism regarding the area like lionesses protecting
their young,brilliant,strong community spirit,highly commendable.
So instead of engaging in yet another one to one tussle about who lives where and who is who,which I'me sure a lot of members,including
myself could'nt give a toss about,just chill out and make the Uzumlu
forum a friendly,democratic one,which I'me certain the majority of
members are striving for. :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »
so by password protecting it do we keep out Uzumlu residents or the non residents. Whats the point, not a very "democratic" thing to do. The Uzumlu forum is likely to become known as the unfriendly beautiful Uzumlu and people will post at their perril. In the meantime we get something funny to read,

Offline geordieboy

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »
Yes, I put it badly,I should have said residents,get your point about funny,it cracks me up. :)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »
And then a password for the Calis section (Oh! almost forgot, it is the Calis forum), then the Fethiye section, then the Ovacik section where will it stop. It's an open forum, like it or lump it.

Baz 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf