Author Topic: Restaurants In Uzumlu  (Read 20790 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 09:48:53 AM »
as I said, it seems that consistency is the problem.  We, friends and family visit throughout the year and Chris, I see your point, but also believe that all opinions are worthy of airing.  We have been to Camlik on a couple of occasions, the food was absolutely dire - and we vowed never to go again. But I respect Fi's opinion that she has been hundreds of times and likes it.  I guess its down to personal taste at the end of the day.  As for service, i dont give a damn if we have to wait - thats what Turkey is all about, relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere.  What I do not appreciate is waiting and waiting and when the food arrives its awful.  [xx(]
Everyone to their own.  If my opinion is worthy of posting.....I'd have to say the winehouse for consistency....but Aiysha's gozleme are wonderful too !!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
(I tried to get it back on thread... ;):()

Offline Firo

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »
Thank you Pookie.....Yes we all have personal opinions and it should not denegrate into a personal attack when you express them [:(!]
I have eaten in all the Uzumlu eateries and some are better than others but I, like you, have favourites. This does not mean I question your motives for preferring one to the other.
Thank goodness we do not all like the same thing as it would be a very boring world if we did.:D ;)
Fi

Offline scorcher

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »
we agree with Firo's comments entirely.  but more broadly are saddened by the negative feeling of some of the posts, and the fact that it would appear Uzumlu people tend to come over as a bit quarrelsome!  having bought here we think this is a fantastic place, and hope that a positive community spirit will prevail.  we'd love to live here full time but cannot (right now anyway). so as part-timers here are more than happy to take the rough with the smooth and hope that adverse comments on some of the restaurants will encourage those places to improve. All restaurants have "off" nights occasionally.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 11:17:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by goatman

Firo
from my understanding the camlik only has custom on do's organised by you.

Ah, that takes me back a year or two, to when I was organising Charity fundraisers for the Starfish Kids. For those who want to plan things for the common and local good, it can be a good feeling to arrange something that people enjoy and has a greater benefit too.

For those who could but just can't be arsed, they provide plenty of opportunities to slag off those of us that do.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 13:17:20 PM »
As usual on here people miss the point and go off at tangents. Experiencing something once and then rubbishing it , whether  a resident or not, is pointless. The view holds no credibility so don't waste time and air it. Expressing any view must surely be based on informed knowledge and experience.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 13:27:08 PM »
Absolute nonsense.

Neil Armstrong only walked on the moon once. You'd think he'd have gone back at least 3 or 4 more times before banging on about what it was like. An experience is exactly that, and I reckon that if it was positive or negative, 99% of people would be interested in reading it. How they use the information is another subject entirely.

I doubt anyone has missed your point, what you mean is "as usual on here", the majority of people don't agree with you.

Offline calvin 1949

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 14:19:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to list the good bad and the ugly of the restaurants in Uzumlu ,so that visitors to our Village have some idea where to or not to eat?: :)without being rude of course ;)Good idea? well whos going to start?
Regards Calvin

how can such a simple question cause so much agro ,this will help the visitors to Uzumlu so much" I think not " Calvin[8)]

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 14:50:34 PM »
well I blame you Calvin!

Offline saoirse

Restaurants In Uzumlu
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 14:52:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Absolute nonsense.

Neil Armstrong only walked on the moon once. You'd think he'd have gone back at least 3 or 4 more times before banging on about what it was like. An experience is exactly that, and I reckon that if it was positive or negative, 99% of people would be interested in reading it. How they use the information is another subject entirely.

I doubt anyone has missed your point, what you mean is "as usual on here", the majority of people don't agree with you.

Absolutely excellent stuff. Totally correct. I owe you a fry next time you are here in Belfast Mr S.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf