Author Topic: Dirty Tap Water  (Read 7340 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Dirty Tap Water
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 15:11:59 PM »
LOL yes, we have a water storage tank underground for water cuts and a camping stove for power cuts and have battery radio and lamps and candles.  Its rarely a pain.  One time it WAS a pain was when I was using my breadmaker and the power went off.  The loaf rose so much it glued itself to the lid and when the power came back it burnt on.  I had a good game cleaning it up.

Thanks for that info Eric.  Very interesting.  We were told it was spring water but didn't know if that was 'flannel'.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 15:58:11 PM »
Scunner, obviously your expectations are not as high as mine. I pay my bills here and do not expect to have water / electric cuts, brown water or low water pressure. This may be Turkey, as you say, but it is also the 21st Century! I also think we, as residents of this marvellous country should be able to take our complaints somewhere but I have learnt there is both nowhere to go and no one to listen to us.
Scunner, you also know nothing about me, my financial position or family circmstances so please do not bring my personal situation into this issue.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Dirty Tap Water
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 16:27:38 PM »
Chris, if your expectations are so high why did you choose to live in a mountain village in Turkey?
surely there are many more suitable areas or countries even to choose from if you don't want these major problems.

Tinx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dirty Tap Water
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 16:27:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Scunner, obviously your expectations are not as high as mine. I pay my bills here and do not expect to have water / electric cuts, brown water or low water pressure.

Obviously.

It's Uzumlu Valley Chris, not Silicon Valley.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Dirty Tap Water
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 16:29:35 PM »

It certainly doesn't appear to be happy valley:D.

Just for information, as Turkey is a mainly muslim country the year is 1429AH. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar.

Not quite the 21st century.

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 16:41:40 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dirty Tap Water
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 16:31:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Scunner, you also know nothing about me, my financial position or family circmstances so please do not bring my personal situation into this issue.

Too dark to read Chris? I was referring to the financial position and family circumstances of those who would dearly love to live here, not your financial or family situation. It's patently obvious when you take time to READ what people write.

Sorry I seem to have joined your list of "disappointing things in Turkey".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf