Author Topic: Post Office  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« on: December 30, 2008, 14:43:15 PM »
Haven't received a parcel sent a month ago.  Today there were queues of people, and no mail in the pigeon holes, I am told.  I am worried.  Does anyone know what's going on?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Post Office
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 16:31:05 PM »
We are still waiting for at least 12 pieces of mail posted a month ago. this was in the Fethiye times on 18th dec.

http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=1672itemid=58

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 16:37:25 PM »
Ah here is the article.....

Fethiye Post Office Changes       
Thursday, 18 December 2008
Following several e-mails from readers about problems with mail - especially important as we all await the arrival of our Christmas cards and parcels - we went to investigate the new sorting office.

The Fethiye post office sorting office has now moved from the first floor of the downtown main PTT and is now located in part of the new bus garage complex: turn right after the Ak Bank and you will find it next door to the Me&gri Restaurant.

At the moment a computer-generated ‘PTT' sign is taped to the shop window on the ground floor, while they wait for proper signage to be put in place.

Upstairs is where the sorting takes place.

Fethiye Times visited the new office earlier this week to investigate our reader complaints.

The staff there assured us that they are now up to date with mail.

They said moved to the new offices about a month ago and did get behind while the move took place, but have now caught up.

They assured us that they will get all the Christmas post out to foreign residents as fast as it arrives.

There are no plans to move the post boxes and they will stay next to the main PTT down town.

There are still boxes available for rent and, knowing that at least one reader has had problems trying to rent a post box, Fethiye Times will be offering to help any readers who want it.

Log on tomorrow for more information.

I take it they actually mean the Megri Lokanta and not the restaurant?  We were thinking of having a box.  But I am unclear as to how much more safe this will make our mail.   Obviously the mail is less open to public access, but apart from that.....

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 16:42:05 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline alec

Post Office
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 19:38:19 PM »
I had a post box years ago in Izmir and it was definitely more dependable.

However, I haven't solved the mysterious fact that there used to be lots of mail hanging around in Üzümlü post office and now there isn't.  I asked if there were any letters for me and just got a short answer 'No'.  I've just asked Aytan (Villa Office) and he doesn't know any more than me.  In my experience it's best not to entrust anything important to the post.  The courier companies are more expensive, but reliable.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 20:42:06 PM »
So, -has everyone's mail vanished?????

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 08:55:28 AM »
No, seems not. -Ours was there today....

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Post Office
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:41 AM »
Where was your mail Rindaloo?

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »
At the Post Office, funnily enough....

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Post Office
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 14:13:04 PM »
Some of mine has been delivered today post mark 1st Dec in the Uk. I worked in customer services for Royal Mail and used have people ring shouting and swearing because their mail or dole cheque was one day late, good job they don't live here
Mark

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 14:26:04 PM »
Mark, I used to work for Royal Mail also (after being made redundant).   It's like admitting to being a tax man, eh!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf