Author Topic: Car Tax  (Read 2186 times)

Offline peecee

Car Tax
« on: January 22, 2009, 16:54:06 PM »
For the last couple of years we have been able to pay the car tax over the internet or through the bank (Garanti). Went to do it, not possible.  Back to the tax office!!
As anyone else had the same problem?  Is it only ex-pats or in general?

Offline phil1839

Car Tax
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 18:02:52 PM »
We always pay at the Tax Office but my neighbour who normally pays at the bank was informed that it was not possible as there was a problem with the computers that the government were upgrading.

Offline Streaky

Car Tax
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
Paid my car tax through Garanti Internet Bank 2nd Jan - printed out receipt all OK although it did say to start with 'No Record' but when I hit the button on the page a page opened to complete details and that appears to have been accepted and account my has been debited.

After paying by this method it will refer you to the government web site to check if the payment has been recorded.

Not sure if this helps!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Car Tax
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 13:45:22 PM »
We always paid our car Tax at the Tax office, however, last year I paid as above through the bank (Garanti), account debited, and confirmed payment, yet I could only do tax for 6 months. In July I went to the Tax office to pay and they could not find the payment made in January, even though I had printed out the receipt they would not accept it and I ended up paying again! they told me to go to the bank and explain and get a refund, after much arguing I gave up at the bank and never did receive the refund.
Lesson learnt, reverted back to queuing at the Tax office.

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 14:26:31 PM »
In July both Yapi and Garanti said there was a problem with paying my car tax there, which I had always previously done without a problem. Went to Tax Office and queued for nearly 2 hours and paid without incident. Advised it is best to pay through tax office but go early in the month as the Turks leave payt until the last day or 2. This time paid early Jan and was in and out within 15 minutes!
Also noted that the tax had reduced by 40 tl since last time!!!!

Offline peecee

Car Tax
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 17:17:35 PM »
I'm stunned Chris, my tax went up for car and quad bike.  11tl for quad, about 35tl for car!

Offline phil1839

Car Tax
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 19:39:48 PM »
Chris, They must have made a mistake and given you the 34 lira that they had put mine up by. You can pay me back next time I see you. Cheers Phil

Offline Eric

Car Tax
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 21:27:25 PM »
Best thing to do is pay at the tax office, no quibbles, no problems, only the wait, but better than the hassle of trying to prove you paid elsewhere.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Car Tax
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
i agree eric we pay for the year in january saves the hassle

Offline Firo

Car Tax
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
Would also echo paying at the tax office especially traffic fines. We paid one through the ptt in Feb and in June when trying to pay for our MOT/Visa the fine was still on their records. We showed receipt but they were having none of it. Had to get it confirmed by fax from Mugla which took 8 weeks. So we were late getting MOT & the car tax but they did not fine us as we insisted it was their fault not ours.
Talk about hassle so from now on anything that can be paid in the tax office gets paid there.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf