Author Topic: UZUMLU  (Read 7682 times)

Offline csblueboy

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »
Hi Vicky and everyone else. We have bought a Villa in Uzumlu and it is being built as we speak - Completion in May this year.  We have just returned (yesterday) from a week there staying in Fethiye and buying furniture and curtains etc for delivery when it is ready.  We are at teh top of the Village (Tepe Uzumlu) where there are about 8 new Villas being built.  We are with Eden Estates and they are very good.  Any questions then please fire away.

Craig

Offline Robin Hood

UZUMLU
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 04:09:46 AM »
Hi Vicky I have a place in Uzumlu and yes to me also it is my heaven on earth just hope it does not get over developed I am out there on the 21st April for 2 weks cant wait.

Offline tony

UZUMLU
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 09:54:37 AM »
Hi Vicky and welcome youll enjoy living in Uzumlu im sure I know some nice people there.

Offline woody

UZUMLU
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 23:44:55 PM »
Hi to everone with property in Uzumlu.Does anyone have property in the village of Kizilbel jusy outside Uzumle? It would be nice to hear from you.

woody

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
UZUMLU
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 13:31:50 PM »
Hi John from another John Wood, not in Uzumlu but Calis.
John & Janice Wood

Offline dawnm

UZUMLU
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 21:22:37 PM »
I hear that there is a problem with the electric supplies in uzumlu not enough electricity to supply all the new villas etc with enough power to run their pools and air con etc is this true???

Offline wickwilly

UZUMLU
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 20:55:52 PM »
Hi all and welcome to those of you who have moved here or are thinking of doing so. It is a beautiful village but there are a couple of ponts everyone should know. There is an electricity problem here. There are just not enough transformers in the village to cope with the new houses. Tedas (electricity co) are waiting for final approval from Ankara as to how much extra power can be pumped here.It costs 9000 pounds to put a transformer in.I asked if some of the building companies here could contribute but Ankara said no ,at the moment.We have about 4 power cuts a month ranging from half hour to 4 hours. Not a big deal really but you bet it is when you are watching something on tele that you dont want to miss!!. The other thing is the water charges.If you have a pool you pay 1.50 YTL per ton and if you dont 1YTL per ton. Sounds ok for non pool owners. You only fill up the pool once a year yet every ton of water you use is 1.50YTl. Our bill last year was 475 YTL. Ok so we have a big garden but in the end we were only watering it 2 times per week. Couldnt bear to see all the new trees we had planted looking so thirsty!! Please dont think I am a miserable old git. Far from it I love my life here and wouldnt change it for the world but, it pays to know some points.

WW
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 21:44:06 PM by wickwilly »

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
UZUMLU
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 22:11:37 PM »
And very good points they are, the forum is for information like that you can bet that someone somewere was wondering about water charges well done and thanks for the info
Ron  8) 8)

Offline emmast

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
We have a villa in  Uzumlu and when we were there in April for our first stay  we could not run our aircon units all at once due to lack of power. At this moment new telegragh poles and power lines are going in so when we are back in June all will be fine hopefully. Permission was needed to do this and that has been the delay.
Cant wait to get back !!!!!

Offline friar tuck

UZUMLU
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »
I think the problems with the power have now been sorted and also the local council have now put a block on further development. Uzumlu as everyone has said is a beautiful place and was in danger of being over developed I hope this does not happen .[^]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf