Author Topic: Data Usage  (Read 2311 times)

Offline holmej

Data Usage
« on: December 15, 2017, 15:12:50 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm still pretty new to Turkish  online data, a la carte from TurkTelekom, with their 4.5 WiFi mobile router. I had a shock when after 3 weeks of use I was told today that I had gone through 15gb of data. I protested that a few days ago the online account dashboard was showing 6gb used for the month. However in the Fethiye branch the young fellow brought up my usage chart and it made horrific reading, 4gb one day, 2.2gb another. Now I don't stream music, TV or films, so I'm guessing that the majority of use is BBC radio (news, current affairs, docs etc), Facebook and Whatsapp (video calls twice a week). So, I couldn't argue with the graph and reluctantly accepted the problem lay with me. The lad also kindly sorted out a couple of niggles on my two android phones for which I am grateful, so no I am not going to subject Turk Telekom to a public flagellation!!

Rather I wondered if any members could point me in the direction of a data usage guide which would give me some idea of what I am likely to be using, and for what. I'll certainly be looking to make some tweaks because I certainly don't want to be buying 15gb every three weeks!! Over the next couple of months I'll be looking at Home Broadband/TV packages but at the moment it suits me better to have the  mobile WIFI.

I'll close by wishing everyone, particularly Scunner and his band of mods, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Data Usage
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 22:29:49 PM »
I use sky fibrenet. Tv and internet. Different packages available.

Offline DavidGray

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:45:53 AM »
You also need to read the small print, there is also a limit on how many times you can top up the 15GB card.
One hour of web browsing
10 - 25MB
Download a document
2MB
One hour of Facebook
20MB
Download a music track
4MB
Stream 30 minutes of YouTube
175MB
Download a non-HD film
700MB - 1GB
Download an HD film
4GB
Stream one hour of non-HD video
250MB - 500MB
Stream one hour of HD video
2GB
Stream one hour of music or radio
150MB

Offline holmej

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »
Thank you both for your replies. That's what I needed David, rough guide to what was being used and for what.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf