Author Topic: wills & removal companies  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Eric

wills & removal companies
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 09:51:54 AM »
Thanks KKOB. We've now made contact with Starman so hopefully that will be the end of this thread.
Eric

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 13:36:56 PM »
I have 15kg of upholstery material to get to my daughter in Fethiye any ideas on the cheapest way to get it over

Thanks

maria x

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 14:12:36 PM »
Might be worth trying to send it by post. No harm in asking at the Post Office for a price.

Offline cleo

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 14:29:00 PM »
hello, I dont often write in cos people tend to know a lot more than I do but as soon as a subject crops up that I think I can contribute something worthwhile then I will, but for now I have a question. Is it worth bringing over a computer, is it allowed and if not how much will it cost to buy over there? Thankyou

Offline scream

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 16:03:59 PM »
hi cleo
i don't have any info how much it ll cost to bring over a computer but i can ask n let you know about a new computer as we have a repairman.I will email you as soon as i can but it wouldn't be more than £400 depending on the software and the hardware of the computer.

Regards
thomas

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 08:45:43 AM »
Hi one more question please for all you experts on moving - do you have to have the residency sorted  before you make arrangements for the export of your stuff from UK to Turkey or can you go ahead and arrange it at the England end and then sort out residency for when it arrives in Turkey - in other words when do you need the paperwork for?  I understand that residency is taking about 8 weeks unless you go to Mugla (has anyone done the latter?) so would this timescale be about right for the move?

Thanks
Chrissie

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:52 AM »
You can ship the goods by sea, which takes about 2 weeks. In the meantime you can be in Turkey sorting out your Residency Permit. It's possible to get your permit sorted in a day if you've got the stamina for it. See Dippey's thread about it.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}10478&Banner=112

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 11:36:31 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply KKOB. I have had a look at the thread you mentioned which is very informative but my understanding is that you still have to wait 8 or so weeks to get the residency permit through once you have done the very strenuous leg work (with a few pit stops at the local watering holes!) Or do you mean that once you have applied  for residency that the application number is sufficient for bringing your belongings into the country?

I have heard that you can fast track the residency system by going personally to Mugla and that you can then obtain your actual residency permit in a day but I am not sure how you go about this - any clues??????

Thanks Chrissie

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
Hi Eric
Regarding wills we did it through the Stuart who Dippey refers to. His wife Dilek is an interpreter and her sister is the lawyer. We did it over two appointments. You need your passports, 6 extra passport photos and a visit to the Notary in Fethiye. At the latter spot we had an annoying hold up waiting for the arrival of 2 independent witnesses (arranged by the lawyer).

The cost was £70.00 each for the actual wills and 175 YTR each for the Notary fees.
We received a copy of each will. A copy is retained at the Notary in Fethiye and a further copy is sent to Ankara.
I hope this is of some use.  :)
Ken

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »
I would never get all my worldly possessions in a transit.  I would need a Furniture Lorry, plus we live in Scotland so add 600 miles onto the journey so problem not yok for us.   Also what happened to the transit? did you keep it, I hear the Turkish authorities are very hard on vehicles brought in from abroad.
Jacqui.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf