Author Topic: Nationwide  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Nationwide
« on: July 09, 2006, 09:25:19 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the Nationwide account is like a bank account?  ie: if I use my card to obtain cash from the machine, is it supposed to be deducted directly from my account like an ordinary bank account.  
Stupid question I know, but I used my card yesterday and that doesn't seem to have happened and I can't contact anyone today 'cos it's Sunday.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »
Elsa, it will take a few days to come out of your nationwide account

Steve

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Nationwide
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
Elsa, you'll often find that there can be a delay of up to 5 days before the transaction appears on your internet statement. It depends on the bank that you use in Turkey and also the day of the week on which the transaction occurs. However, you'll find that of you look in the top right hand corner of the statement you'll find that the "Balance available" has already been adjusted to allow for the withdrawal that you've made. Hope this helps.

Thank you for contacting Nationwide Turkey  LOL

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 22:30:03 PM »
We have just got the Nationwide Visa to go with our Nationwide Flex account card after paying a fortune in charges last month for a large purchase on our Barclaycard. Nationwide Visa is No charges like the Flex Account.
Paul

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Nationwide
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 23:11:53 PM »
Thanks everyone.  My Flexicard says Visa on it and I wondered if it was the same as a credit card in as much as they totted up and debited the card after a month (if you know what I mean).

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »
Bewva....correct me if I am wrong but I understand a Nationwide Visa(As opposed to a Flex account)will incur a handling charge if used to draw cash. Also if purchasing goods Visa will apply a commission charge adjusted in the banks favour. The adjustment is automatically incorporated into the exchange calculation.....Therefore you don't see it (SNEAKY) :)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Nationwide
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
It says flexaccount on the front but also Visa at the top right of the card. I think I'll ring them up and ask.  The money has gone straight out of my account though and so not as I'd thought.  Thanks.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 10:04:27 AM »
What does it say in the bottom right corner?.....If it says debit card it is just that and the money comes straight out of your account as opposed to a credit card where you get billed for your spend monthly and you do not have to repay it all at one go. :)

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Nationwide
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 11:08:48 AM »
Having read recently in the newspapers that Nationwide are to drop their promise of equal mortgage rates for both new and existing borrowers, I hope that there is not some 'bright spark' who will suggest that they can make so much money by charging for overseas transactions with Flexaccount cards, which is the way that we and several other members of this forum get money while in Turkey.
Pete :(

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Nationwide
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 13:19:58 PM »
Tribalelder
Have used the Nationwide credit card to buy goods on the same day that I took out money on their debit card (a few times).
I was pleasantly surprised to find that each time I've got as good an exchange rate as on the debit card. Once I got quite a bit better.
Carl inadvertently used Lloyds debit card to get cash - he certainly won't do that again (I wasn't too pleased either!)- horrendous!
Linda

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf