Author Topic: Dawn Chorus  (Read 1326 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
Now please understand that I like birds, where would our gardens be without them, I love to hear birdsong, to see the Robin on the fence whilst digging the garden, waiting the opportunity for an easy worm, to see the empty snail shells after the Song Thrush has had its breakfast. I do not begrudge the odd fish taken by the occasional Kingfisher although I did take action against the Herons from slaughtering the fish at every opportunity.
I take in my stride the constant splashing of my car when parked under the Ash tree and morned the demise of a new family of Blackbirds after my cats went on a killing spree.
To see the Tits playing tag in the trees is a constant joy (apart from the neighbours that is)
and the dawn chorus is a joy to listen to, except for that bast*rd Collared Dove thats sits in a fir tree right outside my bedroom window coo-cooing to its demented mate from 5.30 onwards every bl**dy morning, oh how I long to see it disemboweled on my doormat along with the other dead things left as ritual offerings by the cats, I would forgo a lottery win to see it shuffle off its perch, succumb to bird flu or come to some other hideous end.
I go to bed praying for rain in the early hours as that's the only time I get any relief from
the wretched thing.
May it rest in peace
soon:(

Offline Old Daffodil

Dawn Chorus
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
They certainly seem to have ruffled your feathers Mike :)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 11:40:21 AM »
Did I mention that I have been up since 5.30:(

Offline Old Daffodil

Dawn Chorus
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
We have problems with the amorous frogs about April. I thought that my neighbours water system was full of them but it was one randy little frog! I never knew they could make so much noise. Every night.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 13:29:31 PM »
Go deaf it's great for sleeping:D ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 13:30:11 PM by stoop »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 13:37:49 PM »
time to make a big fat pie..... ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 15:59:43 PM »
Collared Doves? Pah! You have it easy. In Spring we were woken every morning by the honking of Canada Geese. Now these critters really do make some noise, but fortunatley not in the Summer. So loud that they drown out the 15-20 crows in our neighbours' ash tree. Doves make just a sibilant mutter. Quite restful really.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Dawn Chorus
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 18:06:59 PM »
Mike I think (only think) I would rather have a singing dove as opposed to tinnitus, saying that we have a (I think) its a blackbird moved in our garden and thats doing my head in,we are city folk and really not used to any wildlife.aprt from the sea gulls which land in the park opposite every morning, of and the pigeons leaving their white stuff everywhere.

Offline ted molloy

Dawn Chorus
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 19:28:20 PM »
5:30 Dawn chorus starts,5:32 My neighbours donkey starts braying, 5:45 the Cows start bawling to come in for milking then the dogs start barking ,the worst thing is the cockrel out the back who has been crowing all bloody night.But that's all part of rural living and I wouldn't change a thing except for the cockrel who is on the menu for next Sundays lunch.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf