Author Topic: Remer or Letoon?  (Read 9058 times)

Offline Jenny1

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 12:27:50 PM »
Hi susie-q, hope you have a fab time!
Will you find out numbers of the the 'quiet' rooms? I'm not boring-I just hate being woken up early with binmen etc!
I'm sure you'lll love it, don't forget to try the new Turkish restaurant, think it's Sardunya?  :)
Safe journey, look forward to hearing your views!  :)
Jen x

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 19:24:54 PM »
Cheers Jenny, I am sure that i will be far too drunk to notice any traffic (lol), but yes I will find out the quiet rooms.  its been 2 years since Ive been to Calis so looking forward to seeing the changes.

Offline johntaylor49

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 13:41:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by susie-q

Jenny Im staying at the Remer from 14th September for a week with some friends, so will let you know what its like.

So, what was it like?? :)

JT

Offline Jenny1

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 11:23:28 AM »
I arrived her early hours of this morning, have not been to sleep as my room backs right on to the main road, room not very clean, nowhere near as nice as the Mutlu or Pellin.
Just looking to see how much it would cost me to movehote, thinking of Ceren?
They say I can change room tomorrow. Will see what happens

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
Keep us all informed Jenny

Offline Foosey

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 12:23:44 PM »
Hope you get everything sorted Jenny and manage to enjoy your holiday.

Offline june

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 16:49:03 PM »
Well Stu and I got back today after 15 lovely days in Calis....Gavos was supposed to be coming over with us so he was having our apartment but could not come in the end, I had already booked Letoon for Stu and I for the 15 nights...Travel Republic...£9.30 for 15 nights B & B!!!!!...so we thought we may as well stay there.

Well, goes without saying that it has fab views, right at the end of the prom so out of the way for some maybe but fine for us as we love the Surf Cafe...so only a 10 minute walk from there.

My honest opinion is that the place is run down and very tatty in need of some TLC, the room was big (ground floor) but only had one socket in the main room! and a shaver one in the 'tiny' bathroom which was a wet room....showers were totally hit and miss as to if you got hot water and pressure just all over the place,NO hairdryer, I had to go to the apartment to get ours.

Our clothes felt constantly damp and having just taken them out of our suitcase they are.....condensation on the inside of the window each morning on my side!, outside on this side was very wet and just a general dumping ground for old step ladders and anything else, generally a mess.

Bedding very clean and an abundance of towels.

The area around the pool looked nice, but we were out early most mornings and I did not see it swept or cleaned once in 15 days!.

Breakfast was supposed to start at 08.30 but the staff were rarely there on time and the shutters were all up,on many occasions there were people sitting waiting, choice of breakfast was okay but only one tea or coffee!!!.

Also I think the attitude of some of the staff leaft a bit to be desired.

Just my opinion this folks but as you will needless guess we will not go back there or recommend......

I am basing this on my stay at The Harman in June which was impeccable, breakfast area and pool area cleaned and still wet every morning and evening, proper hotel reception with lovely people, beautiful pool and ouside area with pool bar, room not as big as Letoon but proper bathroom with shower and Hairdryer.....just a class well above in my opinion...

Looking st prices from websites also for next year The Harman with travel Republic is a quarter of the price that The Letoon charges...for £9.30 I am not complaining......and don;t want to upset anyone that loves it...but not for us....

Apart from that 'We love Calis'

June
X

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 17:04:02 PM »
I think you may upset Highlander (incidently where is he?) He has been staying there for about 10 years and looks on the staff like family.  We stayed there for a week four years ago when we were getting our Villa ready, and although the rooms were basic, agree about the shower and the hot water, the place was very clean and the staff were lovely.  We arrived very early in the morning and did not get up till lunch time but they still gave us breakfast.  We still go back and have a meal occasionally.  I know it's not an excuse, but I wonder was it because you where there at the end of the season and perhaps some of the regular staff had gone home and the Management were getting ready to close down for the winter?

Offline june

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 17:35:21 PM »
Hi Jacqui, its a possibility I guess...I know H has stopped there for many years and I did ask him a few things before we went..strangely enough he did post when he got back last month and I am sure he also said somthing about the staff??...anyway as i say its just my opinion and its intended to be informative not derrogatory....each to their own....back to our apartment next time..
x

Offline Foosey

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »
Oh gawd, we are there from 23/10/09 for a week!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf