Author Topic: Remer or Letoon?  (Read 9055 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 23:37:35 PM »
Firstly, may I say that I hope no-one has booked Letoon solely on the strength of my recommendations.

Jacqui - June comments did not upset me in anyway. It was her opinion and I have to say, with some sadness, that her comments are accurate. My hope is that they may "upset" some people at Letoon.

As I have tried to stress to everyone who asked, Letoon has always been "basic" but I have to say that I think that it has now become too run down and needs an urgent upgrade.

Brenda and I fell in love with Letoon, not because of the amenities, but because Alif and Debs and the staff were some of the nicest people we have ever met and were superb hosts. I suppose on reflection, we forgave, or put up with the short-comings of the facilities, because of Alif and his staff, and the atmosphere that they created. As Jacqui said, they became like family to us and, because we also made such good friends who were also regulars, going on holiday at Letoon was just like being amongst family and friends at home but in the most beautiful of locations. As I said previously on this Forum, I will for ever remember the first day I went down for breakfast at Letoon and sat spell-bound by the view.

It is a great sadness that Brenda and I (along with other regulars we talked to) did not feel that way in September. Firstly, and with no disrespect to some of the staff, the place was never going to be the same when Nevra left. That having been said, we still have the deepest affection and respect for some of the staff. But two people (and I know that they know who I mean), and the super cleaning ladies, cannot possible hope to carry others who do not seem to understand that their first responsibility is to the paying customer.

We have noticed changes at Letoon over this past while and none for the better (Junes' list covers them). A lick of paint is not the solution to the problems at the hotel. In the ten years we went there the only "improvements" to chalets themselves has been the addition of air conditioning. The superb view can only ever compensate for some short-comings, not all of them.

If, as claimed, these improvements are to be carried out at the "expense" of increasing prices (that's the price we pay and not Travel Republics' by the way), then that is a commercial decision that has to be taken in light of the current prices being charged  for example, at The Mutlu Hotel, which I understand offers superior facilities.

As Kayakebab said, the set of small apartment is attractive and really peaceful, a point which coincidently, I made to Alif in September, and which is another reason Brenda and I like it so much.

Over the ten years that we have being going to Letoon, Alif has never been anything other than extremely helpful and has, I hope, become, and will remain, a very good friend. He has provided us with really superb holidays over the years and for that we are extremely grateful. He will tell you, quite correctly, that it's not for me to tell him how to run his business. But I do hope that he at least listens to the comments that are coming from other guests and gives them serious consideration.

Letoon was fully booked right up until the beginning of November this season, and Brenda and I genuinely wish Alif as successful a season next year so that others can enjoy the same truly, truly fabulous times we have had Letoon.

After all that I've said, and it's probably been too much as usual, I would regret it if people do not book Letoon for their holiday.

Addressing the issues raised by June and Kayakebab will make Letoon the superb place it used to be and a wonderful place to spend you two weeks in paradise.    

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:05 AM »
Hi, H, nice to see you back.  I am sad to hear about the Letoon.  We did think the rooms where basic, but the lovely friendly staff and the location of the place always stuck in our minds and we often recommended it to people. We always used to say this could be one of the very best places to stay in Calis if the accommodation was upgraded. I hope they will read the comments on this forum and address the issues.
Jacqui.

Offline Foosey

Remer or Letoon?
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 17:30:26 PM »
We are back, and have to say we did not stay at the Letoon it just looked too shabby. We booked into the Hotel club E and had a brill time. I spoke to a couple of people who were staying at the Letoon and their comments reflected whats has been mentioned already.

Offline twilliamssbt

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 17:50:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Firstly, may I say that I hope no-one has booked Letoon solely on the strength of my recommendations.

Jacqui - June comments did not upset me in anyway. It was her opinion and I have to say, with some sadness, that her comments are accurate. My hope is that they may "upset" some people at Letoon.

As I have tried to stress to everyone who asked, Letoon has always been "basic" but I have to say that I think that it has now become too run down and needs an urgent upgrade.

Brenda and I fell in love with Letoon, not because of the amenities, but because Alif and Debs and the staff were some of the nicest people we have ever met and were superb hosts. I suppose on reflection, we forgave, or put up with the short-comings of the facilities, because of Alif and his staff, and the atmosphere that they created. As Jacqui said, they became like family to us and, because we also made such good friends who were also regulars, going on holiday at Letoon was just like being amongst family and friends at home but in the most beautiful of locations. As I said previously on this Forum, I will for ever remember the first day I went down for breakfast at Letoon and sat spell-bound by the view.

It is a great sadness that Brenda and I (along with other regulars we talked to) did not feel that way in September. Firstly, and with no disrespect to some of the staff, the place was never going to be the same when Nevra left. That having been said, we still have the deepest affection and respect for some of the staff. But two people (and I know that they know who I mean), and the super cleaning ladies, cannot possible hope to carry others who do not seem to understand that their first responsibility is to the paying customer.

We have noticed changes at Letoon over this past while and none for the better (Junes' list covers them). A lick of paint is not the solution to the problems at the hotel. In the ten years we went there the only "improvements" to chalets themselves has been the addition of air conditioning. The superb view can only ever compensate for some short-comings, not all of them.

If, as claimed, these improvements are to be carried out at the "expense" of increasing prices (that's the price we pay and not Travel Republics' by the way), then that is a commercial decision that has to be taken in light of the current prices being charged  for example, at The Mutlu Hotel, which I understand offers superior facilities.

As Kayakebab said, the set of small apartment is attractive and really peaceful, a point which coincidently, I made to Alif in September, and which is another reason Brenda and I like it so much.

Over the ten years that we have being going to Letoon, Alif has never been anything other than extremely helpful and has, I hope, become, and will remain, a very good friend. He has provided us with really superb holidays over the years and for that we are extremely grateful. He will tell you, quite correctly, that it's not for me to tell him how to run his business. But I do hope that he at least listens to the comments that are coming from other guests and gives them serious consideration.

Letoon was fully booked right up until the beginning of November this season, and Brenda and I genuinely wish Alif as successful a season next year so that others can enjoy the same truly, truly fabulous times we have had Letoon.

After all that I've said, and it's probably been too much as usual, I would regret it if people do not book Letoon for their holiday.

Addressing the issues raised by June and Kayakebab will make Letoon the superb place it used to be and a wonderful place to spend you two weeks in paradise.    

We always stayed at Aytur Hotel which was run by Alifs business partner Falcon and his wife Nesrin the year before, Nesrin managed it for Tulay and Abadin for yrs before that.

I booked last June through Nesrin and went expecting the normal basic rooms but very friendly staff and nice quiet late night drinks.

Alif was now running this hotel aswell as Letoon.  I had met Alif previously being a friend of Falcon.  I had to constantly complain about the water, having cold showers would have left me seized up through arthrits.  They would not even boil me a kettle of water to have a warm wash.

We had a warm shower at a friends apartment in the end, I was fed up of 40 degrees and no warm shower.  Not hot, just warm would have been nice.

Previously we have allowed to get up at 11 as we do and have breakfast, not last year.  We were not getting our 10% discount for staying and eating there that we had always had either.

The worst was that the Bambu bar had been rented to bus stop bar, I was incredibly irrate at 3am when boom boom boom was still playing at top volume.  Complaints saw a nights let up then it started again.

We have vowed this year to never go back to Aytur, basic we could do with for the view and friedliness we always got in previous years, but that is now gone.

We are booking a private apartment this year and get there 15th April, I am looking frward to a more peaceful holiday and warm showers too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf