Author Topic: Which Hotel ?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline ukchris

Which Hotel ?
« on: January 17, 2010, 19:20:25 PM »
Hi all,

Weather freezing in blighty, snow just about melted.

Just decided to look for a holiday in Calis for the first week in May. I have stayed in Calis twice before at Seril 1. That was when they were with Goldtrail.

I will be bringing a couple who have never been to Turkey before, so I would like somewhere good, but not as to break the bank as it were.

I would go and stay at the Seril 1 again, but it has no pool. I would prefer to stay at that end of town, close, if not on the beach front.

I have been looking at 3 places Area,Gunes,(used to eat at sunset steakhouse all the time) & one at the side of Seril 1 that the name escapes me at present near Guvens place.

Goldtrail are doing Area for £220 for a week inc flights etc. The other option I have is going flight only with them (they are the cheapest on FO I have found) and staying at the the Gunes (£84 per room per week). Approx how much would a transfer for 4 people be from Dalaman ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Jenny1

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 19:56:11 PM »
Hi Chris, Area hotel is lovely, stayed there once, and when I was in Turkey last Oct I used to use there sunloungers/pool etc. It's a lovley spot and you get the sea breeze.
I would say £220 is a good price, I stayed at the Remer but wasn't keen, I priced Area while I was there, (was going to change hotels) and they were charging £30 per night B&B?
As for transfers, I always use Resorthoppa.com approx £16 per person return. But if there are more of you it may work out just the same in a taxi.
Some say you have to wait for the resort hoppa mini bus to fill up with people before they will leave the airport, but I use them 3 times a year and have never waited more than 15 mins. Whatever you decide, i'm sure you'll enjoy!  :)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 20:02:23 PM »

Chris
        Letoon Hotel is well recommended by members,and it is up near the Seril 1

Easy jet have very competative prices at the moment,if they fly from an airport near you.

Transfer for 4 last year about £55 - £60

Hope this helps -  Badger  :)

Offline ukchris

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 20:41:08 PM »
Thanks for the info.

There will be 4 of us.

Yeah, easyjet are coming up pretty cheap, but the wife won't use them, seen too many of those airport programs where they just end up cancelling the flight I think !

Jet2 were cheap for the 7th May back to manchester, £29.99 plus the usual rippoffs, I think it is the return leg of the first flight out to dalaman for summer, so no return bookers on it.

This will be my 10th Trip to Turkey in 12 years, and have always used Goldtrail. Not the best but I have always found the places I've stayed in clean and friendly. Never had a use for one of their reps so couldn't comment on them.

prices for Area hotel with Goldtrail checked 17/01/10

01/05/10 9am flight from manchester
return at stupid o'clock 7 days later [xx(]

transfers, meals, luggage etc included

2 x rooms at Area Hotel B&B
4 people £878 all in which I think after spending all day getting square eyes on the net £219.50 each
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 20:49:29 PM by ukchris »

Offline Jenny1

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 21:02:32 PM »
Are you using www.goldtrail.co.uk Chris? Every time I go on the site it just stops and won't go any further?? :-\

Offline ukchris

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 23:41:32 PM »
yes i am. I have found if you are using firefox as your web browser it doesn't work.

internet explorer has been working ok with it at various times i have been on there today

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:21:01 AM »
Would not bother with pool at the beginning of May....it will still be polar bear time in the water:D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »
Chris we have had many freinds and family stay at the Goldenmoom hotel just 1 min from the front, excellent staff and pool area, always clean, very reasonable rates and Mete the owner arranges transfers for you.
Mark

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »
Hi Chris you cant go far wrong with Hotel Club E dont be put off by name its far from a club its a lovely boutique Hotel beautiful gardens very quite central position its been awarded Gold star with Thompson's they have a web site if you want it email me  8) ;).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
And if you really can't be bothered emailing someone for a website address

http://hotelclub-e.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf