Author Topic: Hotel or rental for 6 weeks  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Jenny1

Hotel or rental for 6 weeks
« on: June 07, 2010, 22:18:01 PM »
Hi, just an idea yet, but would like some info?
I am thinking of coming to Calis next May for approx 6 weeeks, dependant on work letting me have time off?
Just thinking, would it work out cheaper staying at a reasonably priced place like Anna aparthotel, or renting an apartment?
Bearing in mind Anna works out approx £40 per week.
And where would I rent somewhere from? I would only need a small 1 bedroomed place. Just think with being on my own it would work out more expensive renting?
Like I say, just an idea at the mo, but a nice one all the same!  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 19:25:14 PM »
Hi Jenny
I think you'd be best off staying in a hotel.  I can't see anyone letting you have their apartment for such a low price.
I'm just a tad jealous, six whole weeks of Calis is my idea of heaven at the moment.  Hope you get the time off work:D

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 20:03:58 PM »
It's a slippery slope......six weeks you won't want to go home........ am I sensing a possible full time relocation?  But I agree a hotel will probably work out cheaper - the Park Hotel and Apartments are very reasonable a one bedroomed apartment is about £90 per week and you'd get the longe area too - so a bit like a cheap apartment  :-)

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 20:28:21 PM »
I asked at work today, asking for maybe 3 week annual leave and 3 weeks.unpaid, the reply was that I would have to have it authorised by operational manager but it could be declined? I asked why a lot of people are allowed to go to Pakistan for 6 weeks at a time and was told it was for religious reasons! Utter rubbish! They go to visit their families. I'm going to tell them I'm going to visit Istanbul to see the Blue Mosque for religious reasons!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:14:54 AM by Jenny1 »

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

It's a slippery slope......six weeks you won't want to go home........ am I sensing a possible full time relocation?  But I agree a hotel will probably work out cheaper - the Park Hotel and Apartments are very reasonable a one bedroomed apartment is about £90 per week and you'd get the longe area too - so a bit like a cheap apartment  :-)

Kizkucuk I only wish I could, it's just a dream,  :) but I thought it would be nice to go for a few weeks while it's cooler so I can do a bit of exploring, something I can't do when it's  so hot!
Anyway, looking at the work situation, it looking more like 4 weeks now! :(

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:14:55 AM »
the last couple of years have spent 3 months and 2 months at a time,bored stiff after 3weeks, done the garden visited nearly all the beaches, and ruins. explored off road many hard to get to bars etc. What do people do all day who live there full time. good luck with your extented visit and it's wrong of your company to allow some people the time off and not offer the same choice to you.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 13:57:06 PM »
Complain about the price of efes and where the cheapest is. ;)

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 15:18:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

Complain about the price of efes and where the cheapest is. ;)

Lance where have you been!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf