Author Topic: Oykun Hotel  (Read 10503 times)

Offline Joeblunt

Oykun Hotel
« on: June 10, 2010, 16:55:24 PM »
Just booked this with Thomson's for 11 nights in July, chosen purely due to my research on t'Internet, all we need is a good clean bed, a decent breakfast and somewhere pretty central i.e. close enough to get everywhere but not a room above a rowdy bar on 'the strip':D
We thought we'd book through a Tour Operator this time, if we like the place / hotel we'll book direct in future and make it into a second home for shorter breaks. We tend to go on a Cruise over Christmas and the new year but need a 7/11 night cheapie during April - September as a gettaway :).We always tend to buy a bit of jewellery when we're in Turkey and have quite a good relationship with a jeweller in Oludeniz so this part of Turkey isn't entirely unfamiliar to us.
Someone please tell me we've made the right decision?  8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Oykun Hotel
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 17:01:24 PM »
Probably the most popular hotel here 8)

right decision ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Oykun Hotel
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 17:53:14 PM »
Probably the fullest hotel there  8)

Every year they seem to be fully booked, unlike so many others. Must mean they are doing it right  :)

Offline kizkucuk

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 19:45:47 PM »
right decision definitely  

Offline marina

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 21:01:59 PM »
Absolutely the right decision!  We've been to the Oykun 4 times now, the last one in May this year and it just gets better.

We've always booked through Thomson because we've always got the best deals that way and never had any problems at all.

The hotel is so handy for everything. A few minutes walk from numerous bars, restaurants and shops and also the dolmus or water taxi for getting about.

The rooms are spotlessly clean. Cleaned everyday with towels and bedding changed alternate days.

But it's the family and staff at the hotel which makes this one that people return to year after year.  They'll make you feel really welcome. But watch out for Freddie and Velli behind the bar!   ;)

We're already looking for our next trip back.

Have a fantastic time.

Offline reggie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 21:11:43 PM »
you have choosen well  :)

Offline Joeblunt

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 16:46:36 PM »
I'm beginning to wish we'd booked for 14 nights now after seeing your comments :-)

Offline marina

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 19:44:49 PM »
You will next time Joe, don't worry!   ;)

Offline swintonblue

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 22:05:45 PM »
After an awful experience on my last visit to Turkey (Bodrum- yuk!!) been 11 years since plucked up courage to return. So pleased at the good reviews that Oykun is getting coz I'm there in July-August.

Offline marina

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:09 AM »
Don't think you'll regret your decision to give Turkey another go Swinton.  Our first visit to Turkey was 9 years ago to Bitez and we fell in love with the place.  Been back every year since, but Calis is the one we keep returning to, like so many other people on here we've become addicted!!  

Hope you have a great time.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf