Author Topic: Nil Bar  (Read 12044 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nil Bar
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 19:57:44 PM »
One of the heads of the Carnival committee, that makes tens of thousands of pounds for people who have next to nothing, made a speech which went on longer than you wanted and spoilt your evening?

Oh dear, devastating.

Offline bigvic

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 20:48:42 PM »
I only frequent the nil bar on special occasions,like monday,tuesday,sometimes wednesday,and definitely thursdaay,friday and saturday.might nip in sunday.not my cup of tea really,but then i aint drinking tea.the staff in there are too polite for my liking,not used to it being english!!!!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Nil Bar
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 20:58:58 PM »
Clioman2
          We tried Georges for the first time 2 weeks ago and were very disappointed.It could be as is often said been an off night but not surely all four meals.We have been eating at the Nil bar for 4 years and have yet to have a bad meal,and the staff really put themselves out to make sure you are happy with everything.The forum is all about opinions so this is ours,sorry you found the Nil below par.
                                     The Badgers

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 21:03:29 PM by badger »

Offline cheers

Nil Bar
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 00:13:15 AM »
This is my opinion of the Nil ..........
26 days to go until I get back there - counting down every day!
If you want a nice small hotel, with lovely, clean rooms where the owners and staff really look after you book the Nil!
Angel and Serdar are well known for their hospitality!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Nil Bar
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
Actually it was a thank you meal from Angel and Serdal to some of the committee for which we were very grateful. Peter (head honcho)was going round thanking us all individually for all our hard work. We are very sorry that his speech spoiled your evening and that his errs!! got on your nerves. He was speaking from the heart so was quite emotional. Anyway we all had a good time and you are right Keith we deserved it.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Nil Bar
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 21:00:43 PM »
sometimes people never cease to amaze me. How bloody uncharitable can you get!

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Nil Bar
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 21:36:34 PM »
Clioman, your posting came over as rather curt! Probably Pete was speaking unrehersed and from the heart hence he may "erred" a bit, well hey.....so what. You could have got up and left, or joined in the sentiment of the speech and "the gathering of the committee". Believe me, a thank you meal with a speech could not nearly describe what these folks put into the Carnival week and the whole of the previous year in the planning. And then you tried it again??????? And God forbid.....a Quiz night? :o
You are a glutton for punishment.
On the other hand, I also like George's for food, but haven't eaten at the Nil, so can't comment.
:D

Offline Clioman2

Nil Bar
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 16:04:24 PM »
my, i seem to have upset a lot of people but to clarify i, in no way, criticised the efforts of the carnival committee just the style of presentation of the speaker. we were at the first carnival and thoroughly enjoyed it but now it's moved to May it's a bit too early for us to catch. As regards the quiz night i repeat maybe a bit too like in Blighty, that's the reason we don't go in i think it's the Dawn Beach bar where they have a pub singer. Like Badger said this forum is about opinions..........
perhaps my phrasing was somewhat direct but it reflects what we do and don't like.

Offline tonyb

Nil Bar
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 19:08:29 PM »
We got messed around with our Hotel on 11/06/10 & by 10.30 pm were starving,then thought of The Nil Bar. At 11.00pm the kitchen was closed but Angel still managed to rustle up 4 pizzas for us .We were very grateful,as they could have just said "The Kitchen is close,sorry,"but they didn't. Always willing to go the extra yard. Daft I know, but these are the sort of things you don't forget.

Offline HRH_59

Nil Bar
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
Have heard of the Nil bar but not been - can someone please tell me whereabouts the Nil bar is as we will certainly look out for it this year

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf